12-07-2016, 03:17 AM   #408
webstertomkins

QuoteOriginally posted by turkiye2turkiye Quote
Dog

GR2,Alanya/Turkiye

Good shot! I like it.
12-07-2016, 03:26 AM   #409
webstertomkins

These are from a short hike last sunday.

I brighten the shadows of the first picture a little bit. But I did not use the Raw-File. Interesting, how detailed the Jpeg-Files of the GR are. The b/w is out of camera with the High contrast b/w Filter. I like the haze in the valley on both pictures.

Last edited by webstertomkins; 02-02-2017 at 01:04 AM.
12-09-2016, 03:32 PM - 2 Likes   #410
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've shot so much with my film cameras the past 3 years that the GR doesn't get out as much as it should. Still in love with this little gem.
A couple snaps from this morning...

and a bit of homage paid to the GR's elders.

---------- Post added 12-09-16 at 02:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by webstertomkins Quote
These are from a short hike last sunday.

I brighten the shadows of the first picture a little bit. But I did not use the Raw-File. Interesting, how detailed the Jpeg-Files of the GR are. The b/w is out of camera with the High contrast b/w Filter. I like the haze in the valley on both pictures.
The GR jpg files are simply marvelous. I use raw with the GR only a tiny fraction of the time.
12-09-2016, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #411
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I've shot so much with my film cameras the past 3 years that the GR doesn't get out as much as it should. Still in love with this little gem.
Cool! That first one is a bit like one I shot some weeks ago while waiting for the bus home

12-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Cool! That first one is a bit like one I shot some weeks ago while waiting for the bus home

Ja.... very nice. I used to take window/droplet photos like these all the time. Not sure why I don't any longer. They're always interesting.

12-14-2016, 01:19 AM   #413
webstertomkins

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Cool shots! I like the windows-pictures!
12-14-2016, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #414
Pentaxian

Glad this thread is still going strong. Great images being posted.
12-27-2016, 07:58 PM - 2 Likes   #415
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Out walking in the snow:

Christmas Morning Sun
by Aaron, on Flickr
12-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #416
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Out walking in the snow:
Nice one Aaron - could have been taken over here Except that the snow we had in November has all melted now. Temps hover around freezing and never enter into real winter realm. No snow, just rain that freezes on the ground. Oh joy... I guess it's the new "normal"

Thank for the postcard!
12-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #417
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice one Aaron - could have been taken over here Except that the snow we had in November has all melted now. Temps hover around freezing and never enter into real winter realm. No snow, just rain that freezes on the ground. Oh joy... I guess it's the new "normal"

Thank for the postcard!
Cheers! Where I live, we have had several episodes of snow (including this morning), followed by melts. This was further north, and just cool enough to stay. Very nice too.
01-07-2017, 01:51 PM - 3 Likes   #418
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been on a roll with my GRII lately. Took a road trip to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley in mid-December. Shot a couple rolls through my 6x7 bodies and was happy to have the K-5II/20-40mm Ltd weather resistant combo, but the GR did the lion's share of the shooting. Dang is that lens sharp! Even with the wide angle converter and wide open, the GR walked away from the DSLR/lens combo in terms of sharpness. I love my Ltd Zoom for other reasons (flexibility, weather resistance, silent and quick focusing, style), but the GR really takes care of a lot of my photographic needs. My list of true gripes about the camera is short. My wish list for a GR III would be weather sealing, GPS (I do a lot of outdoors adventure-y shots where this would be nice), SR, and an add-on 40 or 50mm converter. Oh and a retracting EVF, triple the battery life, $150 cheaper, and no larger lol. Anyway, enough words--I know I'm preaching to the choir here anyway.

See flickr for full-size shots, as well as Monument Valley photos with the K-5II/Ltd Zoom.
01-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #419
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Been on a roll with my GRII lately. Took a road trip to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley in mid-December. Shot a couple rolls through my 6x7 bodies and was happy to have the K-5II/20-40mm Ltd weather resistant combo, but the GR did the lion's share of the shooting. Dang is that lens sharp! Even with the wide angle converter and wide open, the GR walked away from the DSLR/lens combo in terms of sharpness. I love my Ltd Zoom for other reasons (flexibility, weather resistance, silent and quick focusing, style), but the GR really takes care of a lot of my photographic needs. My list of true gripes about the camera is short. My wish list for a GR III would be weather sealing, GPS (I do a lot of outdoors adventure-y shots where this would be nice), SR, and an add-on 40 or 50mm converter. Oh and a retracting EVF, triple the battery life, $150 cheaper, and no larger lol. Anyway, enough words--I know I'm preaching to the choir here anyway.

See flickr for full-size shots, as well as Monument Valley photos with the K-5II/Ltd Zoom.
Wonderful pictures - thanks!
01-09-2017, 01:27 AM   #420
webstertomkins

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Been on a roll with my GRII lately.
Beautiful pictures. Thank you for posting! #1 is amazing.

Are they out of camera or developed later from the raw-files?