Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Hi partagas,

I am really interested in the GR IV as it has the most useful features (to me) in a camera of its size and price. I only wish I had taken and passed the stupid exam a year ago! Then I might have been able to keep my lenses AND get a GR Digital. No use crying over spilt milk :-P. Thank you for your insight in to the GR. I don't think I have heard a single GR user not call their camera great... sounds kinda fishy ;-)
Don't know your budget but there is a GRDIV for sale here: Ricoh Forum • View topic - FS: Ricoh GRD IV + Accessories

06-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Don't know your budget but there is a GRDIV for sale here: Ricoh Forum • View topic - FS: Ricoh GRD IV + Accessories
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the link! I checked it out and it's a great offer for anyone in Europe, lots of goodies included. It's however out of my price range. I was hoping to be able to sell my Kr and get a used III or IV for about what I would have made selling my Kr. Which is valued at about 260 euros (337 USD). But since it didn't sell, I'm sticking with it as it's value is just too low to make sense selling and I wouldn't be able to afford a GR III or IV.
06-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #18

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the link! I checked it out and it's a great offer for anyone in Europe, lots of goodies included. It's however out of my price range. I was hoping to be able to sell my Kr and get a used III or IV for about what I would have made selling my Kr. Which is valued at about 260 euros (337 USD). But since it didn't sell, I'm sticking with it as it's value is just too low to make sense selling and I wouldn't be able to afford a GR III or IV.
I'm roughly in the same situation as you are in trying to get a GR IV. I believe it's best to secure your living expenses first and then go after the camera. Not very easy when you see the camera going for a very small amount (250 - 350 CAD).
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Hi Nick,

Feel your pain to have to sell the equipments.... but why not keep the K-r, and find a cheap lens to go with it? Kit lens 18-55mm is less than $100, and you would still have a DSLR?
K-r is definitely better than a GRD IV, unless you want small form factor.

Hope your situation get better and can get the gear you want soon!

Lee