Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Stupid question about timer...

Am i stupid or there is no longer timer on GR than 2 seconds?

12-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #2

Presume you mean a Bulb setting? I was disappointed to find the Canon G12 I bought 2 years ago did not have a Bulb setting. However, I have found it is just not needed. It will take excellent pictures at night. Just point and click and the camera does the rest. Presumably the GR is the same.
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
No I mean self timer. For exampel I want to take a group photo with my friends; I start timer, run to the friends, have a group shot with me and my friends.
12-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #4

Ah! My K5 has a choice of 2secs (presumably simply to remove camera shake) and 12 secs for selfies etc. Sure its not buried in the options somewhere?

12-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In the GR. Go to Shooting menu > Custom Self-timer > you then select the # of shots and the interval. For your scenario where you want to be included in a shot (and this is the way i've set mine up) select 1 shot and an interval of 7 seconds (more or less depending on your mobility That is the value that will be now stored as your Custom Self Timer. Then when you need it, you go to the Fn2 button (or elsewhere if you happened to have given that button another function) and scroll to the right past the 2 second self timer choice and choose Custom Timer. Trip the shutter and it take's an image after 7 seconds.
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by denpapp Quote
In the GR. Go to Shooting menu > Custom Self-timer > you then select the # of shots and the interval. For your scenario where you want to be included in a shot (and this is the way i've set mine up) select 1 shot and an interval of 7 seconds (more or less depending on your mobility That is the value that will be now stored as your Custom Self Timer. Then when you need it, you go to the Fn2 button (or elsewhere if you happened to have given that button another function) and scroll to the right past the 2 second self timer choice and choose Custom Timer. Trip the shutter and it take's an image after 7 seconds.
Does anyone know whether the interval timer is supposed to work with the flash, or are they incompatible options?