Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ver. 3.0 and battery indicator problem

Since I installed version 3.0 yesterday, my battery indicator shows half-full. I charged the battery before the install, and, -- just before the install -- it showed completely full. After the install, half-full.

So I thought that maybe the install had drained the battery, so I re-charged my second battery and put it in the camera. And it also shows half-full.

So -- am assuming, since I charged the battery, that it IS full... and will test it by seeing how many pictures it takes, no matter what the battery indicator says. We'll see.

Has anyone else noticed this? On version 3.00 -- or on any other version?

01-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Update, a few hours later --
It might be me, not charging the battery properly. Have the Wasabi charger -- went back and re-charged a battery, making sure this time that the red light came on when I plugged it into the wall -- and, after charging (green light comes on), this battery shows a full charge on the GR battery indicator -- that stays at the full level after taking a bunch of pictures, as it should.

Re-charging second battery now -- will see if it shows full also. Stay tuned.

EDIT -- second battery charged properly, shows 100% in the GR indicator. Looks like this is my error, sorry for the false alarm -- hopefully it won't occur again.

EDIT EDIT, a day later -- definitely me. The batteries are just fine, the battery indicator is just fine. Took a lot of pictures today without any problems.

Moderator -- if you want to delete this thread, please go ahead. Non-issue.

Last edited by jon404; 01-28-2014 at 10:53 PM.
02-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #3

Great follow up, Thanks.
02-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes -- my error. Noticed what happened when I used the Wasabi charger again yesterday -- when you plug it into the wall, if the battery isn't put correctly in the charger, it shows a green light right away. When you come back later, the light is still green, which makes you think the battery is charged. But it isn't. You have to make sure the light is red when you first plug it in -- wiggle the battery a little, or take it out of the charger and put it in again -- and when you see that red light, it's charging.