Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #1

Ricoh GR click numbers

Not sure if anyone can help me here.

I bought a new GR yesterday, and have probably taken around 50 pictures. The shop I bought it from is a little friendly camera store (in town for years), and is not very busy generally. All their stock is on display and, if you want to try something, they let you have a go. This does mean you end up buying something that has been 'used', but nothing to suggest it's been very often. The camera is in perfect condition. The battery was of course in it, but all the other pieces were still in cellophane in the box - which was also in perfect condition.

However, looking at the file numbers on my pictures (which I have not edited at all), the latest one is R0020045.jpg. According to the manual, the numbers should start of R0010001. How likely I've managed to pick up a camera with 10,000 clicks already taken? It seems remarkably co-incidental that its almost exactly 10,000 out. Anyone else had this?

02-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can go to sites like "My shutter count" to get the shutter number from the photo EXIF. This site even has something like that, but not sure if it will work for a GR. 10,000 is a lot of shots, I doubt it has that many on it.
02-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
You can go to sites like "My shutter count" to get the shutter number from the photo EXIF. This site even has something like that, but not sure if it will work for a GR. 10,000 is a lot of shots, I doubt it has that many on it.
Thanks for the idea. Sadly it doesn't work for the GR. However, in a further search on Google I found a bizarre way to check (involving pressing about three buttons at once when the camera is off) that shows the click count. It says '342', which I think it quite reasonable. Got a great price anyway, and a free case, and 25% off the SD card.
02-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kentishrev Quote
Thanks for the idea. Sadly it doesn't work for the GR. However, in a further search on Google I found a bizarre way to check (involving pressing about three buttons at once when the camera is off) that shows the click count. It says '342', which I think it quite reasonable. Got a great price anyway, and a free case, and 25% off the SD card.
Is the IQ as good as they say? I find the DA 21 to be good but not mind-blowing, and I wonder about the GR.

02-02-2014, 01:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Is the IQ as good as they say? I find the DA 21 to be good but not mind-blowing, and I wonder about the GR.
Early days yet, but image quality so far is stunning. It does seem to be much better outdoors than inside (without flash), but certainly competing with DSLRs I've had and have. Currently running with 'doubles' of B&W JPEG and also RAW. Plenty to play with in the RAW, and very little attention needed on the JPEG. Extremely sharp. As I say, early days, but really pleased with the choice.
02-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #6

The DA21mm was one of my favourite lenses, I liked the size and focal length. But since I picked up a GR I've not used the DA21, or in fact the K5ii! The image quality on the GR is fantastic and it's certainly sharper than the DA21mm.
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PPG accepted this image taken at f2.8, ISO400 ... yes, the IQ is amazing from the GR ...

02-05-2014, 01:49 AM   #8

I`ve had the GRD 1 ,GRD 4 and currently have the V.
The IQ on the V is very good as demonstrated in the post above.
I do miss my GRD 1 however .... "rougher" sensor that gave gritty shots and with a simpler menu.
The clean high iso on the V is very useful.