Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
The updates are cumulative. So if you apply the latest one, it will include all the previous fixes.

06-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 48
QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
The updates are cumulative. So if you apply the latest one, it will include all the previous fixes.
Thank you. I thought that might be the case.
06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
New Member
Kill-K's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 13
Do see noticeable improvement form v2 to v4 straight up. Love this so far...will try out low night one~
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #19
Marketplace Reseller
innivus's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 324
Hey everyone, silly question, but where is the toggle for the high speed focus? I installed the new firmware, went through the menu, but couldn't find the item to toggle into the high speed focus. What item in the menu should I be looking at?

06-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
It's on the third set of menus, the ones titled "Setup." It's about half way down through the settings. It's called "AF Mode" and options are "High Speed" and "Normal."
06-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #21
Marketplace Reseller
innivus's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 324
QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
It's on the third set of menus, the ones titled "Setup." It's about half way down through the settings. It's called "AF Mode" and options are "High Speed" and "Normal."
Awesome... got it! And here I thought it was in the AF menu...

Gosh that focuses quickly.
06-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: launceston
Posts: 1,178
Peculiar thing after upgrading to V4.0 and changing to 'High Speed' AF...

Yep, certainly seems noticeable faster (also seems to be more mechanical noise as the lens assembly moves around...).

However, every now and then the LCD screen freezes momentarily while focussing, then goes back to normal once focus is obtained. Anyone else getting this?
06-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #23
Marketplace Reseller
innivus's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 324
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Peculiar thing after upgrading to V4.0 and changing to 'High Speed' AF...

Yep, certainly seems noticeable faster (also seems to be more mechanical noise as the lens assembly moves around...).

However, every now and then the LCD screen freezes momentarily while focussing, then goes back to normal once focus is obtained. Anyone else getting this?
I've had this happen once or twice, but more than this, since I installed version 4 I've had an issue where I can't view yesterday's photos on the camera even though they are on the card. Anyone else getting this particular issue?

06-17-2014, 03:31 AM   #24
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: launceston
Posts: 1,178
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Peculiar thing after upgrading to V4.0 and changing to 'High Speed' AF...

However, every now and then the LCD screen freezes momentarily while focussing, then goes back to normal once focus is obtained. Anyone else getting this?
After a bit more playing, this appears to be specific to High Speed AF, I'm assuming it's one way they speed up focus and also why they still have the option of 'normal' AF.
06-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
After a bit more playing, this appears to be specific to High Speed AF, I'm assuming it's one way they speed up focus and also why they still have the option of 'normal' AF.
I think someone mentioned earlier that the drawback of the high speed AF is that it temporarily slows or stops the refreshing of the image on the screen to speed up the viewfinder. That would be consistent with your findings.
06-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #26
Veteran Member
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,991
QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
I think someone mentioned earlier that the drawback of the high speed AF is that it temporarily slows or stops the refreshing of the image on the screen to speed up the viewfinder. That would be consistent with your findings.
Yup - if I'm not mistaken this has been written about - I think it is even mentioned in the release notes for this update from Ricoh - it's a trade-off - one I will *gladly* make.
06-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #27
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,452
Yeah, that's the trade-off. It's mentioned in the .PDF detailing the 4.0 update.
06-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: launceston
Posts: 1,178
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Yeah, that's the trade-off. It's mentioned in the .PDF detailing the 4.0 update.
Ah right, can't say I went through the PDF
06-20-2014, 03:15 AM   #29
Veteran Member
wullemaha's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 503
Holy crap. This camera has just become even more awesome?! Damn you Ricoh, I love the GR!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
digital camera, firmware, frame, gr, gr firmware v4.00, picture, ricoh, ricoh gr, setting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricoh GR Firmware V3.00 i83N Pentax News and Rumors 33 04-08-2014 09:54 PM
Ricoh GR 100.00 off on Amazon. ghostdog Ricoh GR 4 12-27-2013 10:57 AM
Metz 58 AF-2 f/w v4.0 released dbh Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 20 06-26-2013 10:38 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K10D Body with Version 1:00 Firmware $225.00 Curbster54 Sold Items 9 04-20-2012 08:49 AM
C1 (Capture One) v4.7 was released deejjjaaaa Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 04-02-2009 05:49 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top