Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Forum Member

GR in-camera edit with effects

Brand new to the GR here with another question.

Is there anyway to apply the GR in-camera effects to pictures you have already taken? For instance, I have my camera set to the default effects settings ( standard/color). After I take a photo and am previewing it in-camera on the GR's screen, can I toggle through all the many in-camera colors and effects to see how they affect the picture? I would sure like to be able to shoot RAW+ in color and then see what the shot would look like in the GR's famous B&W rendering and save if I so choose.

Is this possible much like I can do in my K5IIs?

Thank you.

Last edited by MBike74; 12-05-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Better title description
12-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looking at the manual it looks like no. You can correct jpgs (eg white balance) and covert RAW to jpeg specifying certain parameters but using Ricoh effects on existing jpgs doesn't appear to be possible.
12-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok, thank you. I looked in the manual too, and could not find anything as well. I did not know if there was some sort of trick I was missing though. It seems kind of strange not to be able to do that, especially with the B&W so you would have a color copy as well. Maybe ricoh could address that in a firmware update sometime...

Thank you for confirming, I thought I was missing something easy.
12-06-2014, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #4

it IS possible!

You take a shot in RAW or RAW+ Mode and then you preview it and press the Menu Button. Then you select "Raw Development" or "Raw Conversion". That's what I think it's called in the englisch GR Menu. Mine is german.

Then you can apply the Effect and save it as a JPEG. I hope this is what you are looking for? The GR has one of the most sophisticated In-camera Raw development options I've seen.

12-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Senduy....You are the BEST!!! Thank You so Much! That is exactly what I was looking for. I don't think I ever would have found it, because if you are not in the right menu when you hit the menu button then you won't see it without scrolling around. This way ricoh has made it a little more cumbersome than I imagined, but I am so happy that it can be done...and once in the menu...you are right, it does seem very powerful.

Thank you again for giving me the knowledge to do this, I was a little bummed out when I thought, "not possible". I am very excited about this little camera. Thank you for taking the time to help me.
12-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks from me too Senduy. I would never have discovered it either.