Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #1

The new GR ll, if it's true.

Personally, I like the GR APS-C just the way it is, and so if the new model is essentially unchanged, that's okay with me, but who knows if this "rumor" is even accurate. Ricoh GR II Leaked Image and Specification « NEW CAMERA

06-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by ghostdog Quote
Personally, I like the GR APS-C just the way it is, and so if the new model is essentially unchanged, that's okay with me, but who knows if this "rumor" is even accurate. Ricoh GR II Leaked Image and Specification « NEW CAMERA
Seems unlikely that the camera would stay put. I agree its amazing as it is, but there is always room for progress and I cannot see Ricoh changing nothing under the hood so to speak.
06-05-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
with the same old lens?

With that same old 28mm equivalent lens? Not wide enough!
06-05-2015, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like the sensor, no need to change to 24mp; I really like the lens. I love the body, please keep it.

But, please add SR and high ISO performance. right now, the camera is very limited by lacking of these two. at low light, I have to keep the shutter speed above 60, maybe 30 sometime if I have to, which will push ISO to 1600 and higher. But obvious noise can be seen from ISO 800 and above.

WR will be very welcomed.

06-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #5

Its two weaknesses that have put me off from buying it are no EVF and it lets in too much dust. If Ricoh can resolve those two things, I think many more would sell.
06-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by istreetshooter Quote
Its two weaknesses that have put me off from buying it are no EVF and it lets in too much dust. If Ricoh can resolve those two things, I think many more would sell.
In two years I've had no dust issues. I keep the camera is a zippered case in my messenger bag.
06-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #7

In two years I've had no dust issues. I keep the camera is a zippered case in my messenger bag.
I've read the problem for those sufferers is the lens going in and out of the body brings in the dust. I'm happy to hear no problems for you, ghostdog. Do you use it much for B&W work?

06-05-2015, 08:37 PM - 2 Likes   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by istreetshooter Quote
I've read the problem for those sufferers is the lens going in and out of the body brings in the dust. I'm happy to hear no problems for you, ghostdog. Do you use it much for B&W work?
You know, from the standpoint of the GR community, I am probably a heretic. I use the GR for intimate still life images, usually close ups and details of the natural world, and only rarely black and white. I don't have a very good eye for street photography, and honestly, I'd rather be in the woods.

I compose as if I am shooting film. I take my time with the singular goal of capturing exactly what is in front of me, with no thought of how I might improve the shot with software. The GR has proven to be perfect for the way I use a camera. I couldn't ask for more.
06-06-2015, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #9

There are no heretics, only appreciative users!

You know, from the standpoint of the GR community, I am probably a heretic. I use the GR for intimate still life images, usually close ups and details of the natural world, and only rarely black and white. I don't have a very good eye for street photography, and honestly, I'd rather be in the woods.

I compose as if I am shooting film. I take my time with the singular goal of capturing exactly what is in front of me, with no thought of how I might improve the shot with software. The GR has proven to be perfect for the way I use a camera. I couldn't ask for more.
06-06-2015, 07:05 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by batmobile Quote
There are no heretics, only appreciative users!
Thanks.