Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2015, 06:48 AM   #1

GR Help!

Hello,

I've just bought a used GR and love this amazing little camera! My GR only came with a USB cable, and no USB to AC adapter, though one is mentioned in the manual. Does anyone know if this specific Ricoh USB to AC adapter is necessary to charge the camera from a wall outlet, or will any USB to AC (for example, the adapter from an iphone/ipad) work? I'll eventually buy more batteries and an external charger, but I plan to be traveling without my computer soon, and need an interim solution, but don't want to risk frying the electronics if the Ricoh adapter has some kind of converter built in.

Thanks!!

06-14-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, an iPhone USB charger should work.
06-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
@Deadjohn -- Thanks so much!!
06-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bough one of these from Wasabi for another camera with the same batt and use it for both. Nice to have two extra batteries and not have to plug in the camera, just the charger. (The older models came with this style charger which I prefer - it's cheap though and well worth the price for the extra batteries, let alone the charger).
Amazon.com : Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Ricoh DB-65 and Ricoh G700, G700SE, G600, GR, GR Digital, GR Digital II, GR Digital III, GR Digital IV, GX100, GX200, Caplio R3, R4, R5, R30 : Camcorder Batteries : Camera & Photo