Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
dxo one would be interesting if not for requiring an iphone. that ruins it. I asked them and they said 'just a business decision'.not a smart one imo.
What other phone do you think they should have made it for, I wonder? It seems to me like they didn't have many options.

Of course I feel a sense of irony after so many years of new stuff coming out for Windows PCs but no Mac version. It was just a business decision.

06-21-2015, 12:06 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think my answer is obvious... by not also supporting the other platform they are ruling out all that potential market.
06-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
An affordable (<$2000) FF compact would be a compelling offering in my opinion. If Ricoh could make it pocketable, it would be very successful niche IMO.
If I were Lomography, or someone else who could build cameras, I'd try building an FF compact along the lines of the fixed-lens compacts from the 90's. Those lenses were slower, and had imperfections that might not fly on the newest Sony camera, but it was certainly a thriving market. There must be enough of those lenses around that they could be recycled onto new bodies.
06-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does anyone suspect the orginal GR will drop in price? When the K-3II was announced the price of the K-3 dropped significantly, especially the used market. I am in the market for a GR V and am looking for a great price.

06-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Does anyone suspect the orginal GR will drop in price? When the K-3II was announced the price of the K-3 dropped significantly, especially the used market. I am in the market for a GR V and am looking for a great price.
I recently saw the GR on Amazon for 549.00.