Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Eye-Fi / Flu cards

need some recommendations for a card for my GR....anyone have any positive hands-on experience with these?

07-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have just taken delivery of a Toshiba FlashAir 32GB card for my K-3. It works between my K-3 and a wireless device (laptop/tablet/android phone). I cannot, however, get the camera to recognise the card as a wireless card. When I click on wireless card in the camera menu it says, "there is no wireless SD card in slot 2". I am working on finding out if this is something Im doing wrong or a compatability issue. Good luck.
07-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Drew, I'm not familiar with the K-3 flu card functionality, but I would think that the wireless card menu item would just be for a flu card? I'm not sure why for other regular wi-fi cards the camera would need to know that the card is wireless. In my K-5, I don't try to tell the camera that I have a wifi card in.

Peter, what are you trying to accomplish with the wifi card? For me, what I wanted from wifi cards were two things, the main one being that I wanted to see the result of a shot I just took with the camera on a bigger screen, and I was also trying to be able to send pictures to social media sites in the field from my phone. I have tried the Eye-fi card and the flash air card.

The 2 main problems that I have found with both: 1) Working distance is very small, only reliable within a few feet, and 2) photo transfer speed is painfully slow. The two cards work differently, the eye-fi card tries to download all pictures on the card to your advice as soon as there is a connection, the Flash air card connects and gives blurry thumbnails, but does allow you to pick the pictures you want to download. The problem is, that in order to review the picture with any clarity, it does need to download it. With full size K-5 jpgs, that can typically take 10 seconds. Part of that issue may be my older tablet though, not sure. I still find them useful in a way, but they are limited by these two significant issues. Until they have more range and speed, they will be dissapointing to me. I have also noticed that they are battery hogs, especially the flash air card.