Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LX3 and GR batteries (somehow) compatible :)

Sorry if this is no news...

Although I bought a GR, I still have my older LX3 and the cool thing is: the batteries are almost the same.
* GR battery has bigger notches so an LX3 battery won't fit into the GR (unless mod it slightly).
DB-65 is rated 3.6V and 1250mAh
* LX3 fits the GR perfectly.
Rated 3.7V 1090mAh.

The side thing being that... the LX3 is bundled with a charger so I don't need to buy one for the GR.
Also, buying a couple GRs (or compatible) batteries will be usable in the LX3.

I checked and the DB-65 charged happily in the LX3 charger.
I might try to mod the LX3 battery to fit into the GR.

08-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wasabi Power makes a *very* affordable DB-65 charger that comes with two extra batteries... around $25USD. You might just pick that up and not worry about it any more.
08-15-2015, 02:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Well, as a matter of fact, I already don't worry since my LX3 offers me what Ricoh didn't .
A couple cheap DB65 and done. But the chances of that to happen were null IMO. Funny.