Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Oh, yuk, that's a horrible lens - I have it, Christian.

It's about the size of a lens cap and has the optics of one, too.
Actually - it's a great lens compared to their 16mm

It's not that bad, really, for his uses, which are just snaps. The center of the lens is pretty good. He has a Nikon camera with a Sigma 17-50 for more serious work.

But yeah the GR would have been much better... and pocketable too...

02-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #17

- keep the same form factor but improve the sealing as no dust must be found on the senzor ever again;
- keep the sharpness of the lens and maybe improve the close-up distance;
- improve the manual focus and add some aids, making the camera a better choice for product and close-up photography;
- provide true film simulations for all Kodak films, otherwise you won't stand a chance against Fuji invasion of the niche (because X70 already gains terrain).

Or ignore my suggestions as these are coming frum a guy who still shoots with a Panasonic P&S camera and a Minolta SR-T 101 film camera.

Or make a new GR line of rangefinders cameras with interchangeable lenses to punish Fuji for invading your territory.

Last edited by funlw65; 02-20-2016 at 12:11 AM.
02-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #18

2 versions fixed f2 pencakes (28,35,40,50), wr, manual focus at the lens, hybrid af, no tilt screen, film simulations
and... mostly wishful thinking: hybrid vf!!...., larger sensor (but same size of the body)
02-22-2016, 10:53 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

I was able to see the FujiFilm X70. The GR is smaller but not by much. The X70 tilt screen really is a must feature for this size camera. It just makes it that much more versatile. I didn't really have time to look through the menus etc but the X70 is a fine compact APS-C camera. The build was excellent and the ergonomics were very good for a small camera.

What I have been hoping is that Ricoh continues the GR tradition with the 28 eq field of view and that Pentax makes a compact APS-C WR with a 28mm lens which matches the diagonal of the APS-C sensor similar to why Pentax made the FA 43 to match the diagonal of 35mm film. A 28mm lens gives the equivalent of around 42mm on APS-C which is a long tradition field of view for fixed lens compacts. It just seems like a no brainer to me.