Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2015, 06:28 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Anyone tried a GW1 on a GR

As the title says really...

...has anyone tried using the older GW1 21mm conversion lens on a Ricoh GR?

I'm assuming some combination of Adaptor plus maybe a step-up/down ring would be required

11-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LennyBloke Quote

I'm assuming some combination of Adaptor plus maybe a step-up/down ring would be required
Never tried that - the prices for all the GWs are roughly the same and yes, you'd have to do a conversion - 49mm-->37mm step-down... but other problems may appear in rendering.
I do have a GT-1 which I use occasionally with a step-down ring as above. The corners are EXTREMELY soft, almost a holga-like filter rendering, depending on the aperture used. For atmospheric shots or whispy portraits it can actually be quite fun, but definitely not an everyday sort of combination.
01-01-2016, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #3

I stumbled onto this website Ricoh GR + GH-3 + Adapter Ring + GW-1 ? Canned Elf

I used the same setup as this person; a Ricoh GR (V) with a GH-3, step down ring and a GW1 works quite well actualy. I don't use it a lot, mostly for landscapes.
01-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
webstertomkins

I'm not sure, if it helps you. I have a GR II and I also have a wide-angle DW6 (fits to my old Ricoh GX100). The GR II has 49mm and the DW6 has 43mm. I bought me a step-down ring to use the DW6 on the GR II. I didn't made any pictures with this combination up to now, but from a look through the display it works. I do not see any vignetting.

05-09-2016, 11:09 PM   #5

Please i need help,

I was wondering if accessories like gw-1 and GH-1 are compatible with GR 2 2015 can they be used at all on this camera. Found them as a good deal but do not know if they will work / operate at all with Ricoh GR2 ?

Thanks, please anyone with experience on this.