Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 05:59 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it's simply a GReat pocket camera

I've not had my GR for long and I don't take it out on planned photo trips but when I slip it in my pocket for general out and about trips it always seems to come up trumps...

02-11-2016, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Somebody who is planning to schlep kgs of dslr+lenses for a 2-day tour of London and Paris really needs to see this...

Last edited by dsmithhfx; 02-11-2016 at 07:29 AM.
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great pictures! The GR matches your style perfectly, it seems!

I'd prefer a 35/2 or 40/1.8 lens (or 40/2) but I might end up with a little GR at some point even if 28mm is not my ideal FV. There's a lot to like and with the 80 dollar viewfinder, it's good for any occasion.
02-11-2016, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
Somebody who is planning to schlep kgs of dslr+lenses for a 2-day tour of London and Paris really needs to see this...
I can personally attest to it being a near-perfect travel camera, with the possible exception of night shots. With no SR and such a small and light form-factor, it can be tough to hold it still enough. If you can brace it against a post or something, it works much better, but still not as good as, say, a K-3. Alas, nothing is free , but I'll take this limitation in exchange for such an easy to travel with camera. And it's close to spectacular in daylight.