Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Any add-on lens for ricoh GR

I was wondering if there are any available add-on lenses (whether ricoh or 3rd party) that would work with the ricoh GR. I know they make an add-on wide-angle lens. I am looking for something that would give a narrower field of view (35 or 50).

03-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

This, perhaps? https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Ricoh-GT1-1.4x-Teleconverter-Lens-(40mm-Equiv.)
03-05-2016, 05:58 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
This was for the previous small sensor version. I have read that this will not work.
04-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by indy Quote
This was for the previous small sensor version. I have read that this will not work.
Yes - there's a 21mm equivalent lens (GW-3) as well as extension tube (GH-3) with hood.

The GT-1 mentioned above will work with a step-down ring mounted to the GH-3 tube. VERY soft corners but it does focus properly.
I have one - it's kind of fun. There's a thread here in this subforum somewhere about it.

04-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I just picked up the gw3 and really enjoy using it. It is beautifully made, provides excellent image quality and further deadens the almost non existent shutter sound. It is heavy and does unbalance the camera, but I suppose that is the entry price for maintaining the image quality. I intend to buy the new macro conversion lens when it becomes available.