Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
Junior Member
sidwes14's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 25
What does this icon means?

Finally I purchase a Ricoh GR II such a great camera, I'm a learning how to use my camera by reading guides and the manual as well. I noticed that when I am focusing I get an icon on the screen that I don't know what it means, I tried to look on the manual but I don't see it anywhere. I hope you guys can help to figure it out, here is a link of it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArvH7DdFp8g4HFtSrhfWzNjMDgNGkT8fzQ/view?usp=sharing

06-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,353
The one at the top right? I"ll have a guess ... wifi?

06-12-2016, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 365
Without looking for the manual, I'd guess that icon is warning you that your shutter speed will be slow enough to risk shake-induced blur. In other words, the shot you're about to take is not suitable for hand-holding, and you are likely to get a blurry image from the camera moving too much.
06-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Junior Member
sidwes14's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The one at the top right? I"ll have a guess ... wifi?
I meant the one with the hand shaking

---------- Post added 06-12-16 at 05:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
Without looking for the manual, I'd guess that icon is warning you that your shutter speed will be slow enough to risk shake-induced blur. In other words, the shot you're about to take is not suitable for hand-holding, and you are likely to get a blurry image from the camera moving too much.
Oh so that's what it means, because I tried looking into the manual but I don't see anything in reference to that

06-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 44,114
QuoteOriginally posted by sidwes14 Quote
Finally I purchase a Ricoh GR II such a great camera, I'm a learning how to use my camera by reading guides and the manual as well. I noticed that when I am focusing I get an icon on the screen that I don't know what it means, I tried to look on the manual but I don't see it anywhere. I hope you guys can help to figure it out, here is a link of it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArvH7DdFp8g4HFtSrhfWzNjMDgNGkT8fzQ/view?usp=sharing
Yup, looks like a slow shutter speed warning.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #6
Junior Member
sidwes14's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 25
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, looks like a slow shutter speed warning.
Nice finally I know what it is

---------- Post added 06-12-16 at 06:26 PM ----------

Thank you guys
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, digital camera, guess, icon, ricoh gr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What 'Multi Auto White Balance' actually means? Prakticant Pentax K-3 31 01-31-2016 04:04 PM
What does this mean? jcdoss General Talk 2 08-04-2015 11:53 PM
What means 'tethering' exactly? Prakticant Pentax K-3 6 06-21-2015 06:02 AM
What does all this mean wolfdog Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 05-25-2015 08:18 PM
Does anyone know what brand this is? narual General Photography 2 08-22-2014 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top