Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #1

exposure compensation missing on GRII ?

page 48 of the manual says that an EV +/- setting can be made in "exposure compensation" in the "Shooting" menu. I can't find this exposure compensation heading in any of the menus! Am I doing something wrong? Cheers, Peter

06-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
you can use the + - button on the back
06-29-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
r8n

QuoteOriginally posted by peterburge Quote
page 48 of the manual says that an EV +/- setting can be made in "exposure compensation" in the "Shooting" menu. I can't find this exposure compensation heading in any of the menus! Am I doing something wrong? Cheers, Peter
If you are looking for the +/- setting in the menu, it is in the shooting menu, fourth section down (headed by white balance) just after ISO setting.
06-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My biggest issue with my GRII is that +/- button on the back. I am constantly hitting it inadvertently.

06-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r8n Quote
If you are looking for the +/- setting in the menu, it is in the shooting menu, fourth section down (headed by white balance) just after ISO setting.
Thank you r8n, but not on my menu it doesn't. Mine goes" WB, ISO, ND filter, SlowShutter Speed NR. Believe me not a sign of "exposure compensation" on the menus, unless I'm doing something wrong, e.g. the camera has to be in a certain "mode," etc

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 09:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
you can use the + - button on the back
Thank you D1N0. Yes, the manual clearly states this and it seems such a great solution, but doesn't work on my newly purchased GRII. I think I have a gremlin in mine because it will not allow me to update to the latest firmware either - but I'll put this in a separate post. Peter

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
My biggest issue with my GRII is that +/- button on the back. I am constantly hitting it inadvertently.
thank you DogLover. I assure you this problem doesn't exit for me because hitting the +/- button does nothing!
06-29-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
r8n

QuoteOriginally posted by peterburge Quote
Thank you r8n, but not on my menu it doesn't. Mine goes" WB, ISO, ND filter, SlowShutter Speed NR. Believe me not a sign of "exposure compensation" on the menus, unless I'm doing something wrong, e.g. the camera has to be in a certain "mode," etc

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 09:33 PM ----------

Thank you D1N0. Yes, the manual clearly states this and it seems such a great solution, but doesn't work on my newly purchased GRII. I think I have a gremlin in mine because it will not allow me to update to the latest firmware either - but I'll put this in a separate post. Peter

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

thank you DogLover. I assure you this problem doesn't exit for me because hitting the +/- button does nothing!
I am guessing you are in Manual mode? AFAIK that is the only mode that does not allow exposure comp.
06-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r8n Quote
I am guessing you are in Manual mode? AFAIK that is the only mode that does not allow exposure comp.
Thank you, thank you r8n! You're right! Yes, I didn't read the fine print - a problem of mine. Peter