Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2016, 09:53 PM   #1

GRII doesn't accept firmware update

I have just purchased a GR II and am having a couple of problems. An Exposure Compensation issue I have is posted on another thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/161-ricoh-gr/324686-exposure-compensation-missing-grii.html I have since discovered that the camera will not accept a firmware update. My camera says it has the V1.10 version. I am on Ricoh's support page where it clearly states the procedure for updating firmware but so far have no success. I have tried loading the software to the SD card via the computer and the camera too. Initially I was down loading the GR version but discovered this error and still had no luck with the GR II 2.01. Peter

06-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peterburge Quote
I have just purchased a GR II and am having a couple of problems. An Exposure Compensation issue I have is posted on another thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/161-ricoh-gr/324686-exposure-compensation-missing-grii.html I have since discovered that the camera will not accept a firmware update. My camera says it has the V1.10 version. I am on Ricoh's support page where it clearly states the procedure for updating firmware but so far have no success. I have tried loading the software to the SD card via the computer and the camera too. Initially I was down loading the GR version but discovered this error and still had no luck with the GR II 2.01. Peter
Did you copy the .frm file to the root of the SD card, i.e. outside of the DCIM folder?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2016, 11:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Did you copy the .frm file to the root of the SD card, i.e. outside of the DCIM folder?
Thank you for this Adam. I think I have. See attachment
Attached Images

07-01-2016, 12:03 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thank you for this Adam. I think I have. See attachment
You need to extract the ZIP, then you should be good. Once done correctly, you should see a .frm file in the window above.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You need to extract the ZIP, then you should be good. Once done correctly, you should see a .frm file in the window above.
Thank you Adam. Let me have a play with this suggestion - I'm not sure what you mean but it may become apparent once I dig deeper. I will let you know.
07-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thank you Adam. Let me have a play with this suggestion - I'm not sure what you mean but it may become apparent once I dig deeper. I will let you know.
The zip file contains a .frm file- that's the one you want to copy to the root of your card.

Adam

07-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yes Adam, this did the trick! Thank you very much - Ricoh is not big here in NZ and nobody seemed to have an answer so very grateful for forums. Your suggestion to look for the .frm file was the key factor. Peter