Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #1

Exposure lock

Is it possible to do an exposure lock on one part of the image and then focus on another part? I shoot in AV and often need to expose for a highlight in the image. At present I just do a minus exposure comp but this takes time!

I've had my GR for a few weeks and like all cameras it has its good and bad points. Very disappointed in the short battery life. Realistically needing three to four batteries for a day's street shooting. I have dust on the sensor already but I was warned about this. I'm guessing it is back to the factory to rectify this - is there a charge?

On the plus side one can do much with the GR that is impossible to do wth a SLR - It is super customizable and the RAW file is superb. The 28 mm lens is a bit wide but I will get used to it, and I find I use the 35 mm crop a lot. The file is so good I'm not worried about losing pixels, because I'm looking for the softer "film" look, so sharp is not a real priority. Cheers, Peter

07-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by peterburge Quote
Is it possible to do an exposure lock on one part of the image and then focus on another part? I shoot in AV and often need to expose for a highlight in the image. At present I just do a minus exposure comp but this takes time!

I've had my GR for a few weeks and like all cameras it has its good and bad points. Very disappointed in the short battery life. Realistically needing three to four batteries for a day's street shooting. I have dust on the sensor already but I was warned about this. I'm guessing it is back to the factory to rectify this - is there a charge?

On the plus side one can do much with the GR that is impossible to do wth a SLR - It is super customizable and the RAW file is superb. The 28 mm lens is a bit wide but I will get used to it, and I find I use the 35 mm crop a lot. The file is so good I'm not worried about losing pixels, because I'm looking for the softer "film" look, so sharp is not a real priority. Cheers, Peter
Having used forums for many years (I would be lost without them), I have learned that when there are no replies it is often to do with the way the question is worded, or it is just a plain dumb question. You forced me to look at the manual in more detail, not one of my strong points. And I found the answer. So simple. in the "Key Custom Options" menu find AEL/AFL setting and make a choice! Cheers, Peter