Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2017, 01:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Some convient neck-strap solution for GR?

Hey there,

after shooting K-1 for more than one year I am falling in love with my GR all over again.
For me the GR puts my feet always again on the ground, because you really have to take GOOD photographs to have good photos with it. On the K-1 you shoot in f/1.4 and the bokeh does the rest in some occasions

Anyway, Most of the time I hold the Wrist strap of my GR and put it in my jackets pocket. I wonder if there is any convenient neck strap solution for the GR. I saw a picture with Peak Design's strap but this system takes another 50 (yeah, call my cheap).

Does anyone carry the GR with a neckstrap? Thanks for input and ideas in advanced! Have a nice sunday!

04-23-2017, 03:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's too small and light to justify a neck strap. Maybe the BlackRapid Metro sling which is designed for M43 would work for you.
There's currently an instant saving offer at B&H. Don't know what shipping to the EU would cost.
BlackRapid Metro Sling Camera Strap (Black) RS10C-1A0 B&H Photo
04-23-2017, 04:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Anything that is branded as a mirrorless neck strap will work well. I love popping my (M43) Panasonic GF7 round my neck on a thin mirrorless strap - I don't even feel it there even after hours and it's always ready to go.
04-23-2017, 04:43 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Two suggestions since the GR is compact and lightweight:

1) Domke 1" gripper strap - Domke straps are amazingly comfortable and don't slide around. Domke 1" Web Camera Strap without Swivel (Tan) 740-1TN B&H

2) BlackRapid Cross Shot - a lighter thinner BlackRapid strap. BlackRapid Cross Shot Breathe Camera Strap (Black) 361001 B&H

04-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think any small, adjustable strap will work. The GR is so small and light you can get away with nearly anything - I agree using "mirrorless" in your search terms will provide you with all kinds of results, from small leather straps, to braided and everything in-between. If you've a camera store nearby, you might go in and see what's available locally.

Also remember - you can shoot a K1 with smaller apertures and with a mind for composition just as easily as you can with the GR.

added:
I've got a great strap from DSPTCH that came with a TLR i was given a few months ago that I didn't like at first but have grown to love quite a bit for its simplicity (I've the regular sling, olive olive color). Their stuff isn't cheap but it isn't pricey either and its quite well made. Nylon, paracord - quite a few options... and the nice part is you can pick up additional connector to attach to other similarly-weighted camera bodies and switch the strap to carry those in just a couple seconds.
https://www.dsptch.com/collections/straps
(I can also confirm that the "Round cord 1/2" connector (Pair)" will fit just fine through the very small strap-loops of the GR)

Last edited by Eyewanders; 04-23-2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added info
04-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #6
r8n

GR neck strap option

Ask 100 people and you will get 100 answers.
I mostly use a wrist strap with the GRII, but sometimes a shoulder strap is just more convient.
I use a single length Gordy's, diagonally over my shoulder. I have a couple of small SS carabiner clips to quickly disconect. Mostly I just leave the attachment strings on the camera.
The single length Gordy is quite compact and comfortable.

HTH
Rick
Attached Images

04-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what I use. If meory serves me I got it off some Chinese eBay site pretty cheaply.

04-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r8n Quote
Ask 100 people and you will get 100 answers.
I mostly use a wrist strap with the GRII, but sometimes a shoulder strap is just more convient.
I use a single length Gordy's, diagonally over my shoulder. I have a couple of small SS carabiner clips to quickly disconect. Mostly I just leave the attachment strings on the camera.
The single length Gordy is quite compact and comfortable.

HTH
Rick
I liked gordy's strap on a friend's camera so much that I bought some harness leather and cut strips, skived the ends and folded them into loops
instead of whipped thread/cord I used colored heat shrink tubing to finish the loop

the strap lasted four or five years on my q
I finally just decided to go with no strap
however the bit that made it work for me was the addition of a strap buddy in the tripod attaching point...Camera Strap Buddy - Photojojo

I prefer leather for my light camera straps
mostly because it doesn't flop about as does the soft webbing you get in these narrow widths

05-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #9
Forum Member

The peak design stuff is a little pricey but the modularity makes it extremely versatile. The anchors (you get extras) will attach to just about anything so you can quickly swap straps between different items. I have the leash and the cuff with anchors on my GR, K-1, tripod and small accessory pouch and move the straps around as needed. You definitely get your moneys worth.
05-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
It's too small and light to justify a neck strap.
??? I use a small neck strap (original strap that came with camera) on my tiny Pentax Q, and wouldn't be without it.