Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-11-2018, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

GR II Premium Kit

Ricoh presents the GR II Premium Kit, an exclusive package to celebrate
The 10th anniversary of the GR DIGITAL will be of interest to collectors and enthusiasts of Ricoh, a kit that is truly well made.

Here the link: GR II Premium Kit

Last edited by maw; 04-11-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Upgrade images
04-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #2

Sweet.
04-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Ricoh presents the GR II Premium Kit, an exclusive package to celebrate The 10th anniversary of the GR DIGITAL will be of interest to collectors and enthusiasts of Ricoh, a kit that is truly well made.
I was wondering why the press release was nowhere to be found...

This is old news from 2015

Ricoh GR II Premium Kit Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #4
maw
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I was wondering why the press release was nowhere to be found...
So I don't understand why in Europe, in the Ricoh-Pentax website there are still misleading news that seem to be recent, probably there is some misinformation,

This is the link in the UK but the same
in other European countries, and it is still available for purchase.

This is the link to Japan
Where it turns out to be Sold Out. Don't you think that this lack of synergy is misleading?

04-11-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So I don't understand why in Europe, in the Ricoh-Pentax website there are still misleading news that seem to be recent, probably there is some misinformation,

Where it turns out to be Sold Out. Don't you think that this lack of synergy is misleading?
Perhaps it's still available in Europe? The GR is a pretty niche product, after all.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #6

Photos: Albums

I've just checked the Ricoh Imaging UK website and both the GRii Premium Kit and the GRii Silver Edition are out of stock, the standard GRii is still available.

GR II - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

As a recent (in 2017) purchaser and now very happy owner of a GRii I had heard of the Premium Kit but I thought it was only available as "old stock", the price being asked last year was substantially more than the £999 now being quoted on the Ricoh EU website. The kit is/was being marketed as an "Online Exclusive on Ricoh Imaging online store" and the description is in French. I purchased my GRii from SRS Microsystems (UK) in November last year for £379 (list price £599) in a price match deal based on an Amazon Lightning offer. Perhaps Ricoh EU is clearing it's stocks of the GRii in preparation for the rumoured release of the GRiii in the next few months, I've found that accessories for the GRii are also running out in the UK dealer network.

As for the GRii I now have on my desk? I'm delighted with it, it makes an awesome street photography tool and I have great fun with it.

Nick
Attached Images

Last edited by Nickrs; 04-12-2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: missing word.
04-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
maw
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nickrs Quote
I've just checked the Ricoh Imaging UK website and both the GRii Premium Kit and the GRii Silver Edition are out of stock, the standard GRii is still available.
It's true, until a few days ago there were still unsold kits, it varies from country to country, I did a tour and it seems that the Ricoh kits are hard to find (there's only the image and the link that goes in loop)