Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dunno if it was posted already, but here it is - GRIII release date :)

【?】?????????????????|?????????

02-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news for those who want one ... the link works to : an almost empty page!
02-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Great news for those who want one ... the link works to : an almost empty page!
You need to click on the link in the article, I believe it's in Japanese so I want able to read it. But it's in there

---------- Post added 02-20-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2019/02/blog-post_20.html?m=1
02-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
You need to click on the link in the article, I believe it's in Japanese so I want able to read it. But it's in there

---------- Post added 02-20-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

【?】?????????????????|?????????
Got it ! Thanks. I can't read that either but at least it is "officially" there!

02-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Got it ! Thanks. I can't read that either but at least it is "officially" there!
I'm stoked! Can't wait to get one

02-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"March or late March".

I just can't see myself ever using a camera without a viewfinder.
02-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
"March or late March".

You can get the external one for it)

02-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
"March or late March".

With the exception of DSLR's and larger Interchangeable lens Mirrorless cameras it seems optical viewfinders have become a thing of the past. Enough so that there some people who don't even though they exist. On multiple occasions I have handed my K-3 to a friendly stranger to get a picture of My wife, son and I and got a response that there is something wrong with my camera. My response, Just look through the viewfinder. The What? Now I switch it to live view when I have someone else take a picture. People are just too used to their smartphone cameras.
Like you, I cannot live without the viewfinder on my K-3 and use it about 99.9% of the time. On a smaller camera such as the GR III the lack of a viewfinder is forgivable and Ok for me in the interests of keeping it compact, which is why I would buy it, to get a high quality but very compact alternative to my DSLR. Hopefully though, it will offer an external optical viewfinder as an option. I have handled a GR II and it is a really nice camera.
02-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
With the exception of DSLR's and larger Interchangeable lens Mirrorless cameras it seems optical viewfinders have become a thing of the past. Enough so that there some people who don't even though they exist. On multiple occasions I have handed my K-3 to a friendly stranger to get a picture of My wife, son and I and got a response that there is something wrong with my camera. My response, Just look through the viewfinder. The What? Now I switch it to live view when I have someone else take a picture. People are just too used to their smartphone cameras.
Like you, I cannot live without the viewfinder on my K-3 and use it about 99.9% of the time. On a smaller camera such as the GR III the lack of a viewfinder is forgivable and Ok for me in the interests of keeping it compact, which is why I would buy it, to get a high quality but very compact alternative to my DSLR. Hopefully though, it will offer an external optical viewfinder as an option. I have handled a GR II and it is a really nice camera.
It's a vision thing with me. I need my reading glasses on to clearly see the screen, but that then interferes with my distance vision of the subject. It's just awkward and uncomfortable. Also, in bright Australian sunlight, the screen can be difficult to see (the K1 at least allows screen brightness to be adjusted quite easily though). I do occasionally compose using the screen, mostly for waist-level street photography, or very low or high shots, but overall I feel that it is mostly a young person's game, and not just for cultural reasons.
02-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I personally really like using ovf too on my k-1. But my brief time with GRII showed me that I'm just fine shooting with the lcd screen if need be, or even from the hip which GRII allows for. The size coupled with the image quality is the selling point for me, I think I will be using the GRIII a lot once I have it, for travel and casual street stuff (especially since I'll be moving to a larger city soon). I'm relegating my k-1 for my more serious work. I think once I balance out my kit (mainly by selling off some lenses I don't use much, and gettinf the upcoming 70-200 4 zoom) ill be a completely happy photographer with a very very versatile kit. I'm happy I don't have to leave the ricoh/Pentax ecosystem too.