Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
Dunno if it was posted already, but here it is - GRIII release date :)

【?】?????????????????|?????????

02-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,700
Great news for those who want one ... the link works to : an almost empty page!
02-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Great news for those who want one ... the link works to : an almost empty page!
You need to click on the link in the article, I believe it's in Japanese so I want able to read it. But it's in there



---------- Post added 02-20-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2019/02/blog-post_20.html?m=1
02-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,700
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
You need to click on the link in the article, I believe it's in Japanese so I want able to read it. But it's in there



---------- Post added 02-20-19 at 12:49 PM ----------

【?】?????????????????|?????????
Got it ! Thanks. I can't read that either but at least it is "officially" there!

02-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Got it ! Thanks. I can't read that either but at least it is "officially" there!
I'm stoked! Can't wait to get one

02-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,019
"March or late March".

I just can't see myself ever using a camera without a viewfinder.
02-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
"March or late March".

I just can't see myself ever using a camera without a viewfinder.
You can get the external one for it)

02-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
Pentaxian
jddwoods's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 888
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
"March or late March".

I just can't see myself ever using a camera without a viewfinder.
With the exception of DSLR's and larger Interchangeable lens Mirrorless cameras it seems optical viewfinders have become a thing of the past. Enough so that there some people who don't even though they exist. On multiple occasions I have handed my K-3 to a friendly stranger to get a picture of My wife, son and I and got a response that there is something wrong with my camera. My response, Just look through the viewfinder. The What? Now I switch it to live view when I have someone else take a picture. People are just too used to their smartphone cameras.
Like you, I cannot live without the viewfinder on my K-3 and use it about 99.9% of the time. On a smaller camera such as the GR III the lack of a viewfinder is forgivable and Ok for me in the interests of keeping it compact, which is why I would buy it, to get a high quality but very compact alternative to my DSLR. Hopefully though, it will offer an external optical viewfinder as an option. I have handled a GR II and it is a really nice camera.

02-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,019
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
With the exception of DSLR's and larger Interchangeable lens Mirrorless cameras it seems optical viewfinders have become a thing of the past. Enough so that there some people who don't even though they exist. On multiple occasions I have handed my K-3 to a friendly stranger to get a picture of My wife, son and I and got a response that there is something wrong with my camera. My response, Just look through the viewfinder. The What? Now I switch it to live view when I have someone else take a picture. People are just too used to their smartphone cameras.
Like you, I cannot live without the viewfinder on my K-3 and use it about 99.9% of the time. On a smaller camera such as the GR III the lack of a viewfinder is forgivable and Ok for me in the interests of keeping it compact, which is why I would buy it, to get a high quality but very compact alternative to my DSLR. Hopefully though, it will offer an external optical viewfinder as an option. I have handled a GR II and it is a really nice camera.
It's a vision thing with me. I need my reading glasses on to clearly see the screen, but that then interferes with my distance vision of the subject. It's just awkward and uncomfortable. Also, in bright Australian sunlight, the screen can be difficult to see (the K1 at least allows screen brightness to be adjusted quite easily though). I do occasionally compose using the screen, mostly for waist-level street photography, or very low or high shots, but overall I feel that it is mostly a young person's game, and not just for cultural reasons.
02-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,254
Original Poster
I personally really like using ovf too on my k-1. But my brief time with GRII showed me that I'm just fine shooting with the lcd screen if need be, or even from the hip which GRII allows for. The size coupled with the image quality is the selling point for me, I think I will be using the GRIII a lot once I have it, for travel and casual street stuff (especially since I'll be moving to a larger city soon). I'm relegating my k-1 for my more serious work. I think once I balance out my kit (mainly by selling off some lenses I don't use much, and gettinf the upcoming 70-200 4 zoom) ill be a completely happy photographer with a very very versatile kit. I'm happy I don't have to leave the ricoh/Pentax ecosystem too.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
digital camera, link, ricoh gr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GRIII featured in Verge article ephophex Ricoh GR 5 10-30-2018 01:53 PM
pictures of the upcoming Ricoh GRIII shyrsio Pentax News and Rumors 23 10-20-2018 11:43 PM
Grii, xf10, griii victormeldrew Pentax Compact Cameras 15 10-13-2018 06:49 AM
Dunno much about the DA 40/2.8 Ltd, but... Michaelina2 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 06-22-2008 08:08 AM
Gah! I thought the K10D was going to be my first SLR! But i dunno! Cheatwoodj Photographic Technique 20 05-01-2008 05:48 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top