Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #1

Gr II help

I have only had this camera less than a week and it has started to do my head right in. I set the date today again to the correct one 12/4/19, come back home and uploaded photos and the dates are saying 10/8/19 it should not keep changing but it is a right PITA.

04-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #2

Original Poster
Plus another thing I just found out, can`t for the life of me manage to do a firmware update as this grii is still on v 1.10.
04-12-2019, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave GR Quote
I have only had this camera less than a week and it has started to do my head right in. I set the date today again to the correct one 12/4/19, come back home and uploaded photos and the dates are saying 10/8/19 it should not keep changing but it is a right PITA.
That's quite an old firmware version. It's hard to imagine why dates would be moving forward in time into the future, but perhaps this is just a firmware bug.

Here are the instructions for running the update:

Ricoh GR II Firmware v3.00 Released - Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's quite an old firmware version. It's hard to imagine why dates would be moving forward in time into the future, but perhaps this is just a firmware bug.

Here are the instructions for running the update:

Ricoh GR II Firmware v3.00 Released - Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com
Thank you for that Adam, I have tried that and it just wont work at all as been trying for ages now. I have v1.10 on my GRII so as it still takes images I think I will leave it.

04-12-2019, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thank you for that Adam, I have tried that and it just wont work at all as been trying for ages now. I have v1.10 on my GRII so as it still takes images I think I will leave it.
At which point in the process are you experiencing a hiccup? Most of the time, firmware upgrade issues are due to having the wrong file in the wrong place, or simply a low battery level. Would be happy to help if you'd like to take a closer look.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #6

Original Poster
It was a full battery and after so many tries I gave up, if possible could you help me tomorrow please.
04-12-2019, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It was a full battery and after so many tries I gave up, if possible could you help me tomorrow please.
Sure. I think it would be helpful if we started with a screenshot of what's currently on your SD card, in the top (root) folder.

Adam

04-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #8

Original Poster
Hello Adam, and thank you very much for trying to help me. Here is a screen shot of the card in my laptop.

---------- Post added 04-13-19 at 12:01 AM ----------

Here is a shot with the firmware in the SD card.

04-13-2019, 02:41 AM   #9

Original Poster
At last, managed to do it.