Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2023, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
The best GR strap by far is the GR one, once you have slid a tight piece of plastic or rubber tubing over it to act as a slip knot.

As illustrated below, you will need to thread it through a shoe lace first in order to slide it on. If it is too tight, heat (drop the plastic sleeve in hot water first) will help to soften it up.

My tube is thick walled 3.5 mm bore tube from an automotive shop, this is typically supplied to a length for use on fuel / emission or windscreen washer systems.

Once on, it will take some force to move it along (and that is ideal) but it will slide as the strap is smooth.

I did this as I and many users have found that without it the strap will fall off the wrist, and that is not ideal.
Kevin, this is exactly what I was looking for - thanks for linking to my question.

04-13-2023, 11:09 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Kevin, this is exactly what I was looking for - thanks for linking to my question.
Pleased to be of service , it's a cheap and effective solution and a surprise it didn't come with one.
04-13-2023, 02:59 PM   #18
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You could have a look at https://gordyscamerastraps.com/. I have two of the tripod socket ones and they are excellent.
05-13-2023, 01:00 AM   #19

I just joined the forum and my GRIII will be here Monday. This is in no way an advertisement post. I ordered this finger strap last night and it's in the mail. Haven't seen one like it before. Now, obviously I haven't used it yet and It's a bit costly for those on a 'zip' tie budget. But since the topic is Best strap for GR so far I thought I'd add it to your thoughts and consideration. Cheers.

HMJ PHOTOGRAPHY - YouTube

06-29-2023, 12:38 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
nothing quicker. or stealthier.

surprisingly comfortable, but may need bigger ziptie depending on your pinky finger. shutter finger up top works too, but then you can’t let go and use the hand for anything else
I had to smile when I saw this
In my opinion, the GR-series already looks like a cheap compact from the early 2000s but this brings it next level!

NB - I own both a GR3x and GR3, it's simply my opinion on how the cameras look, and in fact it's often an advantage as I can slip it inside places where "no cameras are allowed" - the security-people at the door simply don't think it's a serious camera