Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2019, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Compatible Battery Cells and Charger for GRIII DB-110

Just a quick FYI post for folks out there who may be looking. The "new" DB-110 is a 1350mAh 3.6V cell and currently there aren't (at not last I looked) any advertised replacements from 3rd-party makers, but the battery is the same as the Olympus LI-92B style and any that are said to work for that cell should work here as well.

I've had a ton of excellent luck with Wasabi Power products over the years for all things aftermarket charger/battery-related. There are many 3rd-party "brands" and sellers and Wasabi always seems to be the nice middle ground. At any rate - mine just arrived today and I can confirm it works great. The cells are 3.7V 1300mAh and seem to work just fine and they usually come with charger and two cells for the cost just a single OEM battery.

Juiced up.

https://smile.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Charger-SP-100EE/dp/B008LXWO34...ntaxforums-20&

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-12-2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Thread moved per request
04-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I concur, using that wasabi replacement for Olympus works for me as well, the camera and the wasabi charger both work the same with either the original or the replacement batteries.
04-12-2019, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

anybody heard of this brand DSTE? 2000mAh and well reviewed. ordered and will report back next week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MF1XT6E/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?tag=pentaxforums-20&ie=UTF8&psc=1
04-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
I have two of those cells I used in my GR and GRDIV. They seem to last a tad less than the stock and Wasabis I have for those (DB-65 etc) but nothing you'd really notice - it may just be in my head as I've never "tested" it. I nearly bought those as well for the GRIII but the 2000mAh seemed hopeful and that was mentioned in one of the reviews as well (they said they were more like 1000mAh) so I went back to Wasabi. (I also wanted an external charger as much or more than the additional batteries) I'm sure the DSTE cells will work just fine though. Do let us know!

04-13-2019, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Iildefined

I have had a DST battery for years ,used in the K30 and now in my KP It is a strong battery and can be charged in the Pentax charger
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
04-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Crooski Quote
Iildefined

I have had a DST battery for years ,used in the K30 and now in my KP It is a strong battery and can be charged in the Pentax charger
cool thanks for the note. these also claim to be higher capacity than stock, is that your experience? probably hard to tell with a DSLR which last forever..
04-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have never measured it, but I have the feeling that the battery is empty less quickly
04-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

cool thanks for the note. these also claim to be higher capacity than stock, is that your experience? probably hard to tell with a DSLR which last forever..
I have a few of those for other cameras. I'd take the claim of higher capacity with a grain of salt. It's the maximum possible capacity and each battery can vary depending on your luck due to relatively low QC. Overall, I find them usually last a bit less than OEM but better than some of the other random brands. I got some Kastar batteries this time since they worked out okay for my Q. I will find out after I receive my replacement GRIII.

04-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I have a few of those for other cameras. I'd take the claim of higher capacity with a grain of salt. It's the maximum possible capacity and each battery can vary depending on your luck due to relatively low QC. Overall, I find them usually last a bit less than OEM but better than some of the other random brands. I got some Kastar batteries this time since they worked out okay for my Q. I will find out after I receive my replacement GRIII.
cool thanks, please keep us posted. loving my GRIII but do wish carrying an extra battery wasn't something we had to worry about

the whole point of the GR is carry less and focus on shooting...
04-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I've heard of DSTE and their good reputation, but legitimate availability in the U.S. was sketchy the last time I looked. Apparently that has changed with them having a storefront on Amazon with Amazon fulfillment. This is an interesting and encouraging development.

Steve
04-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I've heard of DSTE and their good reputation, but legitimate availability in the U.S. was sketchy the last time I looked. Apparently that has changed with them having a storefront on Amazon with Amazon fulfillment. This is an interesting and encouraging development.

Steve
I just received a replacement battery for an older Thinkpad via their Amazon store. So far a great replacement.
04-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #12

I have used DSTE batteries for other cameras and never had an issue with their batteries or charger.