Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #16

There is a definite improvement to acquiring focus with the new firmware in low light. Much less hunting.

04-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Damn all this talk makes me make a terrible financial decision and just order it right now))

04-23-2019, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If anyone's interested - it's not a good photo by any means - but this one of the near-dark snaps from last night, 1.3 sec shutter, f/4.5, ISO6400:
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

and a crop in on the can and remotes of the same image file:
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

(preview attached, full file links above)

Edit - I meant to stress that this was *hand-held* at 1.3 sec.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eyewanders; 04-23-2019 at 11:09 AM.
04-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I feel like this should have been done before shipping the units to the reviewers. It's pretty big difference in low light. No need to rely solely on snap focus when it's dark.

04-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I feel like this should have been done before shipping the units to the reviewers. It's pretty big difference in low light. No need to rely solely on snap focus when it's dark.
Yeah it's weird. An even larger difference than the lowlight performance before and after the first firmware update for the 2013 GR, which was also rather significant.
I was even turning on the (gack!) focus-assist light now and then. Not anymore though.
04-24-2019, 04:12 PM - 2 Likes   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Rjz Quote
Hi Guys,

New GRiii firmware definitely improves on autofocus especially at night time but there are still below issues which need to be fixed -

[B](i) ImageSync App doesn't support Shooting mode (I guess not a biggie but it would be nice for those who are interested in selfie mode).

(ii) It didn't update my ios app automatically, I have to uninstall and reinstall again from the app store! It also didn't connect to my Wi-Fi of the phone in one go and I have to try multiple times for it to prompt for a password.

(iii) Last but not least: It can transfer the images to the ImageSync app but then I can't export in my photo library or neither I can share on social media. It seems stupid if I can't do anything with the images and it disappears as soon as the camera is a disconnect.

Finally: There is no comparison of images coming out of this camera : CLICK HERE !!!

Let me know if anyone else is having similar issues like mine?

Cheers
Rj
I uploaded firmware, didn’t read instructions carefully, work fast once I unzipped and moved file to root directory on SD card. User failure.
Then loaded image sync on my iPad, followed instructions, and successfully transferred a few files. It worked. Yes, not a super robust application, but it works. Took me a few tries to get WiFi turned on. Though I was turning “on” but was turning off. Combination of bad labeling and user error. I’ll take 50% of failure. I have transferred both JPEG and Raw. Both worked. Then I loaded on iPhone, no further issues. Not super intuitive, but it works.
05-27-2019, 08:17 PM - 2 Likes   #22
JPT
Pentaxian

V1.11 is out today with some bug fixes.

- Corrected --- When playback movie on the camera, dropping frames occur in firmware version 1.10.

- The version display in the USB device tree of Mac OS is worked with the firmware version.

- Improved stability for general performance.

Latest GR III Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Haven’t tried it myself yet.

05-28-2019, 12:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Added to my ToDo list for this evening. Tx for posting!!

EDIT: Done!

Last edited by Ishpuini; 05-28-2019 at 11:01 AM.