Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2019, 02:01 AM   #1

Manual focus on GR III?

Hi

Got the GR III yesterday. Clean sensor and I didn't notice wobby dail. At least it seems to be working as intended.

Very nice little camera!

Trying to get used to the camera controls. One thing that was really confusing was the kind of hints that are displayed on the screen. Like press: DISP + magnifying glass. What button is the magnifying glass button? I can't see one on the camera. And what should this do?

In Manual focus I understood one should hold macro and turn the dpad wheel? This was not easy and I kept going into macro mode and could not get out without going to the menu and switch to AF again. If I tried to press the macro button it would just indicate to turn the wheel. Is it possible to remap how one do manual focus?

Appreciate some tips as I'm not at all used to GRs :-) Time to read the manual...

PS: Hope that one can change the focus peaking colour in future firmware as it is not usable the current implementation

---------- Post added 04-27-19 at 02:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Oblidor Quote
Hi

Trying to get used to the camera controls. One thing that was really confusing was the kind of hints that are displayed on the screen. Like press: DISP + magnifying glass. What button is the magnifying glass button? I can't see one on the camera. And what should this do?
Now I understand. One need to read it backwards :-D

(DISP) Press & Hold (magnifying glass)

means Press & Hold (DISP) to get magnification view.

Why isn't it written
(magnifying glass): Press & Hold (DISP)

:-D

Now all the other information makes sense :-)

Last edited by Oblidor; 04-27-2019 at 02:42 AM.