Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2019, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by opal Quote
Chickentender…….If you find that on a new camera it is normal to have a contaminated sensor, a wobbly dial and a loose ring it's your point of view but for me it's abnormal.

Ok, they repaired the camera in 15 days, it is not so bad, they gave me a new ring, ok but it is also loose and I will lose it again…. you must understand that there is a manufacturing defect, either the ring is too big or the lense is too small and the result is that we lose it, my dealer told me that many of his customers had also lost it….. I had 4 Ricoh cameras for 10 years and I never had this problem, the rings were absolutely not loose and I never lost one

I see that in France for HEXE, his dealer Marcel, whom I know for his honesty and Ricoh France have been honest and have changed the camera which is very nice but normal.

In Thailand, the commercial policy is different and I find it not very honest and I'm not sure Ricoh Japan approves of that, at least I hope so.

Ricoh must accept his mistakes if hey want to remain credible.

For me the subject is finished, I do not think I have been respected by Ricoh Thailand, I feel not to have to defend myself right here and I do not want to enter a useless polemics.
You needn't defend yourself - I understand, your frustration is evident and the issues have been covered. Certainly a dirty sensor isn't acceptable and should be fixed or replaced, no question. Perhaps your lens-ring is looser than mine; on mine it is not as snug as those on previous GRs, but it's never come off accidentally thus far and I've never lost it and I've had the camera out with me in hand, pockets, pouches and bags for over a month. And the wobbly dial genuinely doesn't bother me and mine moves easily as much as those shown in example videos. I'm not attempting to argue with your frustration - you have it and I'm sorry. I'm just not certain that this all reaches the level of gravity as a "Ricoh has dropped the ball" sort of affair. But I'm genuinely sorry you've had such a negative experience. Your next one should be excellent I hope, karmically speaking.

05-14-2019, 05:51 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh must accept his mistakes if hey want to remain credible.
I'm not sure how much more they can do but publish a service update for the problems they know of, offer to make the cameras right again free of charge, and do so reasonably quickly. If they weren't accepting their mistakes they could easily have said 'wobbly dial makes no difference to how it works, so tough' and 'dust on the sensor must have come from your pocket, since our factory is dust-free, so tough'. There are plenty of companies who would do that and they did the exact opposite.

Whatever issues you have with your local distributor or your own government (which sound like reasonable concerns) that is something to speak to them about. I do have sympathy for people who live in places with poor consumer protection, but we have spent the last 50 years slowly working our way towards a better situation, and I can only have so much sympathy for those who haven't done the same. If you want it changed, do something to change it yourselves. It can't be done from an office in Japan.
05-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #78
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HEXE Quote
Thanks to the efficient involvement of Marcel, competent boss of the shop L'Instantané in Paris where I bought my GR III, Ricoh-Imaging made a commercial proposal by allowing the exchange of my new camera whose sensor was spoiled by textil debris.

The exchange has just taken place this morning on May 11th. I can only congratulate myself for having bought my GR III from Marcel whose professional conscience is demonstrated by the unfailing assistance that he provides to his customers after the purchase, which is not always the case with other retailers, especially in Thailand (Opal).

I thank him very much as well as Ricoh-Imaging management for satisfying my exchange request.
Yay! A happy camper!

Steve

(Sorry for the jargon )
03-30-2020, 02:18 AM   #79

Original Poster
Hello everybody,
Bad news….
As you know, I had spots on the sensor of my GRIII when I bought it a little less than a year ago.
The Thai importer never wanted to make the exchange but cleaned it.
Now, four months later, the spots have returned ....
I would like to point out that I have used this camera very little and that I always carry it in a case.
it is unacceptable I am very angry and I don't know what to do
Here's what it does at F16 F11 and F8

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR III  Photo 
03-30-2020, 02:50 AM   #80
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello everybody,
Bad news….
As you know, I had spots on the sensor of my GRIII when I bought it a little less than a year ago.
The Thai importer never wanted to make the exchange but cleaned it.
Now, four months later, the spots have returned ....
I would like to point out that I have used this camera very little and that I always carry it in a case.
it is unacceptable I am very angry and I don't know what to do
Here's what it does at F16 F11 and F8
I'm sorry to hear that. It's most unfortunate, and I can understand your frustration. Given your specific situation with the Thai importer, and having explored your available options previously, it seems your only recourse now is to ask them to clean it again. Of course, it's entirely possible they didn't remove all the debris last time they cleaned it, or inadvertently introduced other debris in the process. Alas, it's impossible to know now
03-30-2020, 04:28 AM   #81

Original Poster
Everything is currently closed in Thailand because of the Corona virus and my warranty has ended for 15 days so it's over for me....
03-30-2020, 04:36 AM   #82
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Everything is currently closed in Thailand because of the Corona virus
Yes, it's more or less the same everywhere now...

and my warranty has ended for 15 days so it's over for me....
In which case, you might have to pay for cleaning when everything opens back up again. Or perhaps your Thai importer will clean it again as a goodwill gesture. I believe these are your options...

Stay safe!