Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2019, 05:12 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Beginner's question: how to switch from internal memory to SD card

Hello folks!

I'm exploring the GR III right now. Most things are fluid and surprisingly intuitive, but one question got me swamped.

I took a few pictures using the internal memory, before inserting a memory card in the camera. I can access those images by plugging the camera ni a computer, of course, but after inserting an SD card, I cannot seem to fnid a way to access the internal memory, except to format it.

How does one toggle between internal memory and SD card?

Thanks!

04-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Hello folks!

I'm exploring the GR III right now. Most things are fluid and surprisingly intuitive, but one question got me swamped.

I took a few pictures using the internal memory, before inserting a memory card in the camera. I can access those images by plugging the camera ni a computer, of course, but after inserting an SD card, I cannot seem to fnid a way to access the internal memory, except to format it.

How does one toggle between internal memory and SD card?

Thanks!
Yeah it isn't quite the same as it was in previous models but it's still there. The camera automatically uses Internal if no card is present, and if a card is present automatically saves to the card. You can't switch between them as you would multiple slots on a Pentax DSLR; the internal is just more of an "oh no I forgot my damn card" sort of affair.

TL : DR - for shots store on the internal memory you access them via the menu from File Management-->Image Copy. A prompt will appear "Copy all images to Memory Card from Internal Memory - Execute or Cancel". If you have no images on internal memory it won't be available.
04-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Great, thanks for the information! I will look into it.
05-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #4

You can get about 40 Raw images on the internal card. It has about 2gb of space. If Iím not mistaken.

05-03-2019, 04:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ru2far2c Quote
It has about 2gb of space. If I’m not mistaken.
True. 2 GB is actually not too shabby, especially for JPEGs. It's certainly a useful crutch. I'm surprised Ricoh did not allow the user to switch between internal and external, as we can do with two memory cards ni DSLRs.

Image Sync app also does not allow the user to view images on the internal memory.