Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2019, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #1

GR III Miracle

I am just coming back from a unforgeteable vacations in Yellowstone National Park. When I was in Teton mountains and while I did shot my k1 and alternate with my LX for black and white, my GR III accidentally had fallen on lake. I had to taken some seconds to do any reaction and to extract the camera of water. She was completely sumerged for about 8 seconds. Inmediately I removed the battery and card. After four days drying her, with room dryer, and prayer, the camera started ON without any problem, all functions work perfect, including, touch screen, shake reduction system, all buttons. Some micro bubble is disapairing from images as I used it. Each day I am really more convinced of quality of Ricoh - Pentax cameras!!!!

07-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Your GRIII may still suffer slow corrosion at ribbon contacts and other places, and could have a reduced life time. So if you GRIII stops working unexpectedly after a year or two of use, don't be surprised in a post saying "my GRIII unexpectedly bricked and I don't know why".
07-15-2019, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

I wish you continued luck with your GR3. As biz-engineer mentions it's possible you'll have problems later, but there's not much you can do about that. Water damage is usually impractical to repair.

My experience camera dunking was with the mark 1 GR. It fell into a toilet (fortunately clean) and I was able to quickly grab it before water completely soaked through the fabric case. The photo playback button became unreliable afterwards; sometimes playback wouldn't respond to presses, and sometimes the button would randomly activate without being touched. The camera was still usable and after 6 months of use photo playback returned to reliable operation. I think my continued use of the button cleaned the internal contact point. I was lucky.
07-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I echo what's already been said, but excellent that it is working for now! Thank god it was not salt water, or you'd be up the creek.

07-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks foll all answers friends, I hope that my GRIII can to work for a long time more....I will to return to you if any happens.
06-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi. I just come again after two years, to say that my GRIII is in perfect conditions. I used it very hardly for all this time and works perfect.
06-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxColombia Quote
Hi. I just come again after two years, to say that my GRIII is in perfect conditions. I used it very hardly for all this time and works perfect.
good news!congrats!