Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

New Ricoh GR III: Shutter button not sensitive

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and would just like to ask if this issue with my new GR III is considered normal or should I be returning the camera?

1. I find that the shutter button sometimes fails to 'shoot/release shutter' when depressed very lightly after obtaining autofocus.
I have missed a few shots like this, when I obtain autofocus with half press, and when I proceed to fully depress lightly (to avoid camera movement), the camera doesn't take the photo.

2. Full snap press doesn't always work, again related to how quickly i press the shutter button
If I press down hard but release quickly (it often fails to do a full snap press)

Has anyone else here experienced these issues?
Should I return the camera?

Cheers

08-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi and welcome.

I don't notice the first issue, I've never had issues with not triggering after a half press, but it may be that you're not fully pressing the button. Different cameras respond differently as to where the shutter fires and how sensitive the button is, I have other cameras that require a lighter final press.
About the second, the first firmware had some trouble firing the shutter when the exposure changed suddenly because the meter was slow to respond, but I've seen noticeable improvements with the recent updates. Another case when I miss snap shots is that the camera goes to sleep without me noticing, so the first press only wakes it up.
09-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for replying aaacb!
Appreciate the feedback.

I returned the camera and bought a new one on Amazon. The shutter issue is no more! But now I'm left with a wobbly dial -_- oh well, better than an insensitive shutter button though!
09-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tarobun Quote
Thanks for replying aaacb!
Appreciate the feedback.

I returned the camera and bought a new one on Amazon. The shutter issue is no more! But now I'm left with a wobbly dial -_- oh well, better than an insensitive shutter button though!
The wobble is by design, a given amount of play. It won't wobble off, worry not.