Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #1

Something moves inside my GRIII

Hi, been a Gr user for years and very happy. Was unfaithfull for some years, but recently sold my Sony rx1r2 and bought a GRIII. Couldnt be happier!

Only thing is: when I shake the camera, something bigger is moving inside the camera. Not the battery, not the lens. But what is it? And am I the only one with this issue or is it normal? Thanks!

Happy shooting,

Warroo

08-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That would be the image stabilisation ("shake reduction") mechanism. Perfectly normal

Welcome to the forums
08-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Warroo Quote
Hi, been a Gr user for years and very happy. Was unfaithfull for some years, but recently sold my Sony rx1r2 and bought a GRIII. Couldnt be happier!

Only thing is: when I shake the camera, something bigger is moving inside the camera. Not the battery, not the lens. But what is it? And am I the only one with this issue or is it normal? Thanks!

Happy shooting,

Warroo
The GR III uses in camera image stabilization so it is probably the sensor you hear moving about.
08-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
That is what I thought too, hopefully it is just that. Other GRIII owners have the same?

08-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy shooting,

Warroo
The GR is probably speaking back to you that don't shake me too much.. lol. But yeah its the SR that rattles when you do that.
08-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

That is what I thought too, hopefully it is just that. Other GRIII owners have the same?
The question has been asked before, so even though I don't yet own that camera, yes, it seems to be quite audible just like it is in many other cameras with sensor-based stabilisation (and some lenses).

But if you want to play in a band, I would get something different.