Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2020, 07:02 AM   #1

Ricoh GR III failed to turn on

Failed to start up. LED showing flashing green light for 10-15 secs then a static green light. It canít be switched on. Anyone knows whatís going on?

02-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I haven't seen this, but to clarify, do you mean the LED around the power button or the small status LED on the back is flashing? Is the lens opening? What happens if you hold the play button to go straight to preview without powering on the camera? I'd contact Ricoh customer support either way, they should be able to tell you if it's a warranty issue or not.
02-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #3

What happens if you remove the SD card and battery, and let it sit for a minute. Then put the battery back in (not the SD Card). Is the battery fully charge.
02-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
I haven't seen this, but to clarify, do you mean the LED around the power button or the small status LED on the back is flashing? Is the lens opening? What happens if you hold the play button to go straight to preview without powering on the camera? I'd contact Ricoh customer support either way, they should be able to tell you if it's a warranty issue or not.
Itís the small status LED on the back. Yes the lens is open, and canít close no matter which button pressed. Holding Play button is the same problem as pressing Power button.

02-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
What happens if you remove the SD card and battery, and let it sit for a minute. Then put the battery back in (not the SD Card). Is the battery fully charge.
Tried this method, still not working. Battery is fully charged and tested with the extra battery given, same thing.
02-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #6

Original Poster
Had problem with the dial and sent to warranty repair a month ago. They found it to be circuit board problem and they fixed it. I hope this is not a big issue as I already sent my GR III to service twice in just less than a year. Not the third time