Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #1

Downloading Ricoh Gr II firmware - please help!

Hi y'all, I'm new here. I just got a gr ii from craigslist, and I shoot street. The guy who owns the camera hasn't updated the firmware in a really long time, as it's on V1.10, which sounds aincient compared to the newest V3.00 firmware.

I downloaded the firmware and put it onto a formatted SDHC Lexar 32gb 663x sd card next to the two folders created by formatting (root directory)

However, when following the instructions in the official Ricoh firmware page ( Latest GR II Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING ), my camera just doesn't seem to comply.

So, I searched the web for a download of V2.00 first so I can get that first and then v3.00, but I had no luck. Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong, if I have a bad model, or if this firmware is just not possible to download anymore.

Everything helps!! Thanks!

You can check out my photos at winstonpx.com/streets

02-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alphyx Quote
Hi y'all, I'm new here. I just got a gr ii from craigslist, and I shoot street. The guy who owns the camera hasn't updated the firmware in a really long time, as it's on V1.10, which sounds aincient compared to the newest V3.00 firmware.

I downloaded the firmware and put it onto a formatted SDHC Lexar 32gb 663x sd card next to the two folders created by formatting (root directory)

However, when following the instructions in the official Ricoh firmware page ( Latest GR II Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING ), my camera just doesn't seem to comply.

So, I searched the web for a download of V2.00 first so I can get that first and then v3.00, but I had no luck. Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong, if I have a bad model, or if this firmware is just not possible to download anymore.

Everything helps!! Thanks!

You can check out my photos at winstonpx.com/streets
You don't need to download v2.0, as its contents are automatically included in the v3.0 update.

Usually, firmware installation issues boil down to one of two things: either the right file being in the wrong place, or a wrong file in the right place (such as an unextracted zip, or a file that got renamed). There are a few troubleshooting tips here:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

Hopefully it's one of those. The rest of the update process should be fairly painless

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2020, 07:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You don't need to download v2.0, as its contents are automatically included in the v3.0 update.

Usually, firmware installation issues boil down to one of two things: either the right file being in the wrong place, or a wrong file in the right place (such as an unextracted zip, or a file that got renamed). There are a few troubleshooting tips here:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

Hopefully it's one of those. The rest of the update process should be fairly painless
Ahh yes thanks for that info. I thought I had to download them separately! Yeah, after that, when I downloaded v3.00, I’m pretty sure I put the ~~~wrong~~~~ file in the right place; after and hour or so of searching I finally figured out that I had to open the zip AND the folder to find the right firmware file. Thanks Adam!