Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #1

Manual White Balance

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the world of the Ricoh Gr after picking up the iii last weekend. Suffice to say, I am really enjoying the camera so far and have been particularly impressed by the JPG output. Coming from Fujifilm, I seriously think Ricoh are doing an even better job - which has been such a nice surprise

With regards to the Fuji jpgs, I am using the white balance shift function to create jpgs that attempt to mimic film stocks. This article lists many JPG recipes for Fuji cameras. It is truly excellent work on behalf of the creators and I have been very pleased with some of the results. All the colour JPG recipes feature unique white balance shift settings, which I have noticed is available on the Ricoh too (via the Manual White Balance option).

Whilst I plan to experiment with this method over the coming weeks and months, I was wondering if anybody else has had success with this and managed to achieve similar results? I will use Positive Film as a base and work from there.

Cheers!

Philip

02-20-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pmjh Quote
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the world of the Ricoh Gr after picking up the iii last weekend. Suffice to say, I am really enjoying the camera so far and have been particularly impressed by the JPG output. Coming from Fujifilm, I seriously think Ricoh are doing an even better job - which has been such a nice surprise

With regards to the Fuji jpgs, I am using the white balance shift function to create jpgs that attempt to mimic film stocks. This article lists many JPG recipes for Fuji cameras. It is truly excellent work on behalf of the creators and I have been very pleased with some of the results. All the colour JPG recipes feature unique white balance shift settings, which I have noticed is available on the Ricoh too (via the Manual White Balance option).

Whilst I plan to experiment with this method over the coming weeks and months, I was wondering if anybody else has had success with this and managed to achieve similar results? I will use Positive Film as a base and work from there.

Cheers!

Philip
Just shoot raw and apply whatever LUT or filter you want in post