Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Alternative to GRIII adapter ring

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with Haoge Lar-GR? Seems to be an alternative of the ricoh adapter ring but at a third of the price and made out of metal. I wonder if the machining is good and if it can be used with the wide lens.

05-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just pure speculation since I only have the overpriced original: I'd be worried about the metal wearing out the plastic bayonet on the camera. As it is with the original, plastic vs plastic may less harsh on the camera.
05-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Just pure speculation since I only have the overpriced original: I'd be worried about the metal wearing out the plastic bayonet on the camera. As it is with the original, plastic vs plastic may less harsh on the camera.
Thought GR bodies are all magnesium alloy? Or that particular part is plastic?

05-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Thought GR bodies are all magnesium alloy? Or that particular part is plastic?
The bayonet looks like plastic to me. It's just that part that looks and feels different than the rest of the magnesium body. Just had another look at my GR III to confirm. I've used the original adapter just fine for almost a year now, both with filters and for six months with the wide angle adapter, no issues at all

05-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
The bayonet looks like plastic to me. It's just that part that looks and feels different than the rest of the magnesium body. Just had another look at my GR III to confirm. I've used the original adapter just fine for almost a year now, both with filters and for six months with the wide angle adapter, no issues at all
Yeah I know it works well, just feels overpriced. I guess that metal one doesn't that the locking lever (if that's a locking lever on the side) that the original one has.

3 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JJC do a good lens ring, I got a lovely green one to pimp my GR, should be available on Ebay, Ali Express etc.