Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,317
Alternative to GRIII adapter ring

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with Haoge Lar-GR? Seems to be an alternative of the ricoh adapter ring but at a third of the price and made out of metal. I wonder if the machining is good and if it can be used with the wide lens.



05-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,143
Just pure speculation since I only have the overpriced original: I'd be worried about the metal wearing out the plastic bayonet on the camera. As it is with the original, plastic vs plastic may less harsh on the camera.
05-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,317
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Just pure speculation since I only have the overpriced original: I'd be worried about the metal wearing out the plastic bayonet on the camera. As it is with the original, plastic vs plastic may less harsh on the camera.
Thought GR bodies are all magnesium alloy? Or that particular part is plastic?

05-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,143
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Thought GR bodies are all magnesium alloy? Or that particular part is plastic?
The bayonet looks like plastic to me. It's just that part that looks and feels different than the rest of the magnesium body. Just had another look at my GR III to confirm. I've used the original adapter just fine for almost a year now, both with filters and for six months with the wide angle adapter, no issues at all

05-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,317
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
The bayonet looks like plastic to me. It's just that part that looks and feels different than the rest of the magnesium body. Just had another look at my GR III to confirm. I've used the original adapter just fine for almost a year now, both with filters and for six months with the wide angle adapter, no issues at all
Yeah I know it works well, just feels overpriced. I guess that metal one doesn't that the locking lever (if that's a locking lever on the side) that the original one has.

3 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2020
Location: The North of Wales
Posts: 5
JJC do a good lens ring, I got a lovely green one to pimp my GR, should be available on Ebay, Ali Express etc.

.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, alternative, alternative to griii, digital camera, griii adapter, ricoh gr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GRIII Sleep Mode and Auto Power Off with Wide Angle Adapter Lens david94903 Ricoh GR 1 12-15-2019 09:45 AM
GRIII loose adapter ring and Hyper Program mode Josef Josefsson Ricoh GR 2 09-24-2019 11:58 AM
New Ricoh GRiii front “ring” loose Nonpedestrian Repairs and Warranty Service 14 07-10-2019 11:03 PM
Compatible Battery Cells and Charger for GRIII DB-110 Eyewanders Ricoh GR 11 04-22-2019 11:55 AM
O-Flash, ring flash alternative. Anyone tried? mikeSF Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 29 09-12-2017 09:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top