Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2020, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #1

Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.41 Released

Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.41 Released

Changes to V1.41

<Added the following enhanced features>
  • [Full Press Snap] function has been added on [Touch AF] of C 2  [Customize Controls] on [Customize Setting]By touching the LCD monitor, focus on the specified [Snap Focus Distance] then release the shutter.
    *Full Press Snap is not possible in the following setting.
    mode
    ・Macro mode
    ・[Self-timer] in [Drive Mode]
    *For more details click here*This function is supported on RICOH GR III Street Edition (Firmware version 1.40).

<Improved Contents>
[Correct location information record]
  • In the case of south latitude or west longitude, the location information acquired from the smartphone was not recorded accurately in the Exif GPS tag, and the GPS location display in [Playback Details] was corrected.*The dedicated end screen of "RICOH GR III Street Edition" (version 1.40) will be maintained even with the new version.

07-30-2020, 04:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
[Full Press Snap] function has been added

Am I correct that this brings regular GR-3 up to the street addition standard?
07-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't quite understand from the firmware notes how this is different from the previous snap focus, but I'll update my camera and try it out thanks for posting about this update.
07-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good, gonna update today)

07-31-2020, 04:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great!! Finally got round to setting up my GR III to get location information from my smartphone. I always forgot, and dearly missed it when uploading my images. I am in the habit of using location information to group images from multiday trips, and it's a bummer when the images taken with the GR III are the only ones that don't have that info tagged. My other cameras (K3-II, Theta Z (through the phone) and Pixel phone) all log GPS coordinates.

Anyway, I don't know what didn't work before, but it sure does now.

BTW, the Touch AF Full Press Snap, great as it is as an option, is not for me. My perfect setup is in Snap Mode as a default (pressing Up + front dial to change the focus distance), and I use Touch AF to achieve accurate focus when required.

Wim
04-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #6
Forum Member

does anyone know if there will be another update or is this the last one?
greetings!
04-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thegeaba Quote
does anyone know if there will be another update or is this the last one?
greetings!
I'm not sure. Was there anything you wanted fixed or a new feature added?

04-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
New options are always welcome, the camera, however, although cool, is far from perfect, e.g. the battery can be optimized, also overheating, photo transfer application ,etc
04-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thegeaba Quote
New options are always welcome, the camera, however, although cool, is far from perfect, e.g. the battery can be optimized, also overheating, photo transfer application ,etc
The battery life does suck but I'd imagine that there is only so much they could do to extend it with firmware. I've gone down the route of multiple batteries. I've got two genuine Ricoh batteries and two cheaper aftermarket ones which don't have the same life but are still handy to have.
04-06-2021, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote

- customization Macro button (including "none" as option) - HIGH priority

- it would be nice to have the personal settings exportable / importable / editable off-camera - Food for thoughts
04-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #11
Forum Member

I wish they'd add some more JPEG options, but only because I like the ones they have so much already.
04-14-2021, 03:33 AM   #12

remove or completely rethink the main rotating dial on the back.

It is not solid as it should, I believe it is too small, and nevertheless it is conflicting with the handling.

unfortunately this is a hardware redesign and cannot be retrospective.
this is the reason I am asking for a new firmware to at least make the entire rotating dial fully customizable (not only L/R press).
BTW is Ricoh reading here?
04-23-2021, 05:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I wish image sync would be fixed. It just refuses to connect to my griii, no matter what settings I try. And I don't think there's a remote shutter available for the camera right? I don't think there's a physical port, or IR sensor?
04-26-2021, 01:58 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I wish image sync would be fixed. It just refuses to connect to my griii, no matter what settings I try. And I don't think there's a remote shutter available for the camera right? I don't think there's a physical port, or IR sensor?
Image Sync allows to shoot remotely, of course you need to have the app working on your smartphone first.
04-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Norpa Quote
Image Sync allows to shoot remotely, of course you need to have the app working on your smartphone first.
Yeah, so if the app doesn't work, I can't trigger the shutter remotely? Which is kind of a bummer, considering the price of the camera lol.