Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-25-2020, 04:49 AM   #1

GR iii playback issues

Hello all
I am a newbie to the GR iii and am wondering if someone can help with playback issues I am having.
Last night and today I have taken some photos and when I press the playback button there is a delay as the photos “fills in” bits. For example, in black and white, the picture jitters slightly as if adjusting to add in black or white (or in the case of colour adding in colour). I am not quite sure what this is and just wondering if it is a setting?
Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.
All the best
Ben

08-25-2020, 05:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't help, but welcome to Pentax Forums - there will be people here who can, for sure
08-26-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think this needs a bump
08-26-2020, 08:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I think this needs a bump
Forgive my ignorance! What is a bump?
Thanks

08-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah - just bringing it up the order so that it doesn't sink unseen amongst the thousands of daily posts - I'm hoping somebody will know what the problem is and how to deal with it - I don't have a GRiii and have no idea what's going on with yours
08-28-2020, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think I've ever kown a question go unanswered so long - summer holiday absences? winter holiday absences? - unique problem? Strange!
08-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #7

Original Poster
Haha! Oh well. Thanks a lot for your kind messages and keeping on it as it were: appreciate it.

08-29-2020, 08:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's the same on my GR iii, and I never paid attention to it much because this is how my computer also renders high resolution images(looking at you, k1 photos ). It only takes a second at most, and the image doesn't overall change color or anything. It's more noticeable for finer detail.

I'm guessing it's to show something approximate faster and then refine it, so you don't wait to get a sense of what you're looking at. The back screen has a much lower pixel count than the captured image (in general, different), and so it needs to be adapted (downsized) for display.

Last edited by aaacb; 08-29-2020 at 08:12 AM.
04-02-2021, 01:32 AM   #9

GR 2 question - playback

Hello all,

I have been trying to set up my camer to auto display a photo just taken. I cant seem to be able to find it anywhere in the menus nor an answer online.

Put another way, I would like to not have to press the playback button each time.

Seems an odd thing not to be able to do.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added 04-02-21 at 01:33 AM ----------

Oops I'm sorry that was my question, this forum looked like it wasnt letting me answer your question so I asked mine.

My only suggestion would be to reload the FIRMWARE 3.0. Seems like a software issue to me. Hope that helps.
04-02-2021, 03:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by adrianmesko Quote
Hello all,

I have been trying to set up my camer to auto display a photo just taken. I cant seem to be able to find it anywhere in the menus nor an answer online.

Put another way, I would like to not have to press the playback button each time.

Seems an odd thing not to be able to do.
Menu>Customize settings>Display customization>Instant review>Display time> Then select how long you want the image to be displayed after the shot is taken.

I keep it disabled on mine in an effort to extend battery life.