Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-18-2020, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #1

Ricoh GR 3

Hi everyone,

I joined this group to find out about your experience with the new Ricoh GR 3 street edition.
Of course I’ll be giving you my personal experience.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

09-18-2020, 04:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've no experience of any GR camera, but welcome to Pentax Forums - there will be folks here to discuss pretty much anything Pentax/ Ricoh Imaging - and a whole lot else besides, so enjoy
09-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Janusman Quote
Hi everyone,

I joined this group to find out about your experience with the new Ricoh GR 3 street edition.
Of course I’ll be giving you my personal experience.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
I have the GRIII (non-street), with the latest firmware (gives street features). Great camera. Use it almost as much as my 645Z. It's great for discreet shooting, image stabilization is excellent. It's been very reliable and versatile.
09-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
gbl

I don't have the Street Edition, but I do have the "regular" GR3 with the GV-2 viewfinder which is essentially the same thing. I have the camera with attached viewfinder with me at all times in a small belt case. I have used many cameras in the past professionally and recreationally and the Ricoh is one of the most useful and versatile. The viewfinder gives it an extra bonus as in bright light it saves a lot of battery. Generally the viewfinder is a joy to use, bright and clear. I used to have a Fuji X100F, but the Ricoh GR3 made me switch. The image stabilizer, size and ability to save cropped RAWs are unique. I love the crop modes and the way they are implemented. The image quality and handling does the rest.
An outstanding product!
The only improvement I would like is to easily attach filters without the bulky adapter.