Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
05-22-2021, 10:09 AM - 2 Likes   #1

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

All the good and wonderful was written and presented about this camera so I wanted to share my personal opinion
about the bad and ugly of GRIII and what it is missing or lacking. Don't get me wrong, I like this camera and it is my main
one which gives me results so I am not against it but simply disappointed about development of this product.

Ricoh GR III – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Micha? Walasz

05-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are plenty of other choices in this world for that type of camera. With the sheer volume of complaints and shortcomings found in yours, you might be better served by the competition, just my opinion, of course.

BTW...how novel to take DNG in one camera with intent to develop in another.

Steve
05-22-2021, 11:32 AM - 3 Likes   #3

Where's the good? All I see are gripes about the bad and ugly.
05-22-2021, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Where's the good?
Please take a look at all those reviews and articles about GR III that are already online.

05-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by telemach Quote
All the good and wonderful was written and presented about this camera so I wanted to share my personal
This is a forum not an advertising platform for beginners.

If you think you have something to say, paste your little text here.

Currently this thread is pure clickbait for your webpage.
05-22-2021, 12:00 PM - 2 Likes   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
There are plenty of other choices in this world for that type of camera.
great so please do list some of them that are as light/small/with leaf shutter and 28mm

BTW...how novel to take DNG in one camera with intent to develop in another.
it's called backward compatibility

---------- Post added 05-22-21 at 12:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
This is a forum not an advertising platform for beginners.

If you think you have something to say, paste your little text here.

Currently this thread is pure clickbait for your webpage.
I discourage to read my message like that. I posted on my webpage to not spam forums with this load of content
and to not make a mess when someone will quote all of that. If you don't like my content then please

don't click that link. I am no advertiser nor there is any advertisement on my website and for my content
is for beginners. One might think twice if there is no deal breaker that wasn't mentioned in manual.
05-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

great so please do list some of them that are as light/small/with leaf shutter and 28mm
Don't forget the requirement that there be no wasted spaces on the dials.

it's called backward compatibility
If it bugs you, I guess it bugs you. I just thought it novel. I guess it is no different than my curiosity as to whether my K-3 could read DNG output from Lightroom; it can't.

Steve

05-22-2021, 01:17 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I am no advertiser nor there is any advertisement on my website
Two words..."Alexa rating", without which, it is quite hard to attract quality sponsors/advertisers.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-22-2021 at 09:12 PM. Reason: grammar and completeness
05-22-2021, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Please take a look at all those reviews and articles about GR III that are already online.
Nope.... your post and link were titled "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". As pointed out, there was no "Good" in your post or your link. It is misleading.
05-22-2021, 05:22 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Nope.... your post and link were titled "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". As pointed out, there was no "Good" in your post or your link. It is misleading.
I am not taking sides here (wouldn't know a GRiii if I tripped over one), but this is the second post asking where the "good" is. Not a logical response, as the op clearly stated from the outset that because there is plenty of attention already paid to "the good", the purpose of his post is "so I wanted to share my personal opinion about the bad and ugly of GRIII and what it is missing or lacking".

Now, praise or criticise the validity of his stated purpose - fine.

A little bit of logic helps avoid irrelevant debate and hopefully leaves room for relevant debate.

Sorry, but I get a little pedantic about poor verbal logic standards sometimes. Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood and should just go and have breakfast and a nice cup of coffee!!!
05-22-2021, 05:50 PM - 2 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There's sometimes a danger in getting too defensive about Ricoh Pentax criticism. Most of the negatives listed here have already been identified in other reviews. It may be confronting to see them all listed together. But they are legitimate concerns. They're reasons I would hesitate to upgrade from the GR. If you have a look at the poster's portfolio not only will you see a fine range but most of them were shot with the GR. This should be testament enough of the positives of the camera. And even if the post was clickbait to get you to look at his website it doesn't mean the photos aren't worth checking out.
05-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the title is misleading of the article and this thread by extension. However I found the critique well written and clear. I don’t however own any of the Ricoh GR cameras so it’s not clear to me if these issues are fairly represented but I’m going to assume that they are.

Titled the way it is I expected some discussion of the good points. That was my only real complaint.
05-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #13

Original Poster
Two words..."Alexa rating", without which, it is quite hard to attract quality sponsors/advertisers.

Steve
so go for it, I don't need sponsors/advertisers for my personal page

---------- Post added 05-24-21 at 08:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
it is not because I made an introduction and nowhere promised covering the good as it is widely available
05-24-2021, 08:20 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

so go for it, I don't need sponsors/advertisers for my personal page
If not, why did you not simply post your missive here?

I usually review post history of new users who flame product and while I applaud the filter adapter, I was disappointed to see that your activity here has mostly been been related to your two flames threads and that you have been similarly rude in both (first thread closed by mods). I know that is sort of the norm on some of the European forums, but our tone here tends to be a little less acidic.

Steve

(...Boriscleto'd...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-24-2021 at 08:27 PM.
05-25-2021, 03:02 AM   #15

Original Poster
If not, why did you not simply post here?
1. The volume of text and to prevent from quoting all of that by someone who want to post a simple sentence

2. I do add some new thoughts and make changes and having one place where I can do that instead of few is a convenience

I usually review post history of new users
and once again you are wrong, I am no new user but as explained before I had to re-register again

GR section on this forum is less active but still attracts people who can benefit from the content I post

mostly been been related to your two flames threads

I disagree it is flame

you have been similarly rude

please DO quote what is exactly rude because I would love to see that,
till this moment your posts are not related to topic but are aimed at my person so
if you have anything against me then PM and we will clear this up instead making a mess from this thread
Closed Thread