Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #1

nisi pro vs master kit gr iii

hi
i am considering buying one of these kits.
anyone use them ?
is the master kit worth the added price?
in general, do you find using filters on the gr iii is worth the hassle?
(as it has a 2 stop nd filter built in).
thanks,

08-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Doro Quote
hi
i am considering buying one of these kits.
anyone use them ?
is the master kit worth the added price?
in general, do you find using filters on the gr iii is worth the hassle?
(as it has a 2 stop nd filter built in).
thanks,
Don't get me wrong, I use yellow and red filters when shooting film and I'll sometimes use a polariser on my DSLR but the thought of attaching anything to my GRIII that makes it bigger kinda detracts from the camera's big attraction..... its size
08-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the NISI kit, and yes, the added price is worth it. I've used them for sunrise/sunset shots and some landscape stuff as well. These aren't super high quality filters like Lee; they are adequate to the task. Mechanically it fits well, and they just work.
08-11-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I have fastened the adaptor (if that's what you mean) permanently and have a quality B& W clear filter on it and have put an old 50 plus years Ashai Pentax metal cap over the 49mm filter. . I did it as I was concerned with the stories about dust getting into the body and on the sensor. I don't carry the GR ll in my pocket, I put it in a small camera pouch that I attach to my belt. Fits well, so far no dust after 2 + years . Touch wood.