Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #1

reseting the GR to my "basic" config (or recalling a user mode to replace a P mode)

Hi,

I'm a happy owner of a GRiii after having used the GRi for a long time.

I decided recently to make more use of the 6 user modes that can be saved (from which 3 can be assigned to the dial U1, U2 and U3).
I have one for B&W street photo, one for sport, one for whatever so I always have them available quickly under U1, U2 and U3.

But unless I am in these specific need, I use the P mode (or Av or Tv) mode.

Now, it happens that in a particular situation (like shooting long exposure of a waterfall), I will be in P mode, shift to get the shutter speed I need and add new settings, lets say putting the internal ND filter, changing Auto ISO to ISO100.

Sometime, I fiddle around a lot in order to find the good settings for that situation and forget all the little changes I made. So unless I remember and remove all these changes I made, they will still be active on my next photos.

So I would like to find a way to "reset" the P mode to my own "basic" configuration.

I did such basic configuration that I saved under one of the user mode (in BOX4) but as I understand, it can be recalled only to be assigned to the U1 to U3 user mode (which I dont want to remove) but not onto the P mode or Av mode.

How do you deal with that?
Or am I overthinking

Last edited by oliver939; 08-11-2021 at 03:05 PM.
08-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can't assign settings to modes other than U1-3, and there's no reset for PASM modes. I'm sometimes in the same situation btw Maybe some configuration of memory settings can do the trick, what gets reset between power off/on cycles, but I can't remember if the GR III has it or only my K1...
08-12-2021, 07:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanks.

So eventually, I should work using my U1 mode "standard configuration" in which are my regular settings and P mode, and if I do a lot of modifications, just going out and back in this mode again will have it reset to my standard config?

I'll try that