Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2021, 02:32 PM   #1

Touching small icons at bottom on GR3 display seems to be difficult

Hello,

I am playing with Ricoh GR3 that just arrived and like the touchscreen feature. It seems to be working well, but I noticed that in case of small icons like "Ok", "Cancel" etc. that shows at the bottom of display when setting something (red circled in attachment), it is sometimes hard for GR3 to recognize the touch and I have to repeat it several times (better use buttons). Other things like menu items, selection of the focus points, etc. are working well. Is it common performance for the icons at the bottom or may there be something wrong with the touchscreen on my piece?

Thanks,
Aquark

Attached Images

08-31-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't think there is anything wrong with your touchscreen. I also found that was too small a target to accurately hit with my finger. I can do it, but it's fiddly.

The way I do it is to navigate the menu's with the touchscreen and then confirm with the physical OK button usually. Also, if you are done in the menu and you want to confirm the currently highlighted selection and return to play mode, a half-press of the shutter button is the fastest way.
09-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those ones at the bottom are referring to the physical MENU button and the physical OK button.
09-01-2021, 02:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
Ok, thanks for the reply and the tip with the half-press of shutter button.