Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2021, 10:13 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Article on GR IIIx with GT-2 Teleconverter Lens

This article from DC Watch is in Japanese, but it might be interest because it is the most detail I've seen on the GT-2 teleconverter lens and unclosed a number of samples.

????????????? ?33?????????????GR IIIx??????????????????? - ???? Watch

Note some of the images can be viewed at full size (the spiral staircase and leaves). If you click the image from the article and a magnifying glass appears in the top left, those are the ones you can see at full size.

11-05-2021, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I read most of the text, translated with DeepL, and the reviewer doesn't seem overly impressed. Given the GT-2's cost, size/weight, the forced crop, and some cases of "double line" bokeh, in many circumstances the photographer may simply be better off cropping a photo shot with the bare GR IIIx.

I got the impression from the reviewer that the best-case scenario for the GT-2 is portraiture (and similar photography) where a more shallow depth of field is desirable.
01-23-2022, 01:56 AM   #3

Are there any further examples shot with this combination?

I'm especially interested in Portraits Will it do the job?
01-30-2022, 05:58 AM   #4

Seems to be very rare

01-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #5

One guy's review for the teleconverter on B&H says he taped the electronic contacts so images can't be cropped in camera, which you get 60mm focal length. I guess people do print big and they hate in-camera crop modes.