Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2021, 06:31 AM   #1

Ricoh griii static/snow image

Recently, maybe because of the colder weather, after a shot and for a split second visual static or snow appears on my Ricoh's display before the image is saved. Has anyone experienced this?

12-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, I haven't seen this. Do you have the latest firmware (version 1.50) ? You can get it here (scroll down for the GRIII):
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
12-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, I have version 1.5. I even tried switching out the memory card. It’s like the snow on the old fashion tube tv, but just for an instant before the shot is saved to the card. The image itself isn’t affected. Thanks for the reply Professor.
12-27-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hdsnaps Quote
Yes, I have version 1.5. I even tried switching out the memory card. It’s like the snow on the old fashion tube tv, but just for an instant before the shot is saved to the card. The image itself isn’t affected. Thanks for the reply Professor.
Perhaps report it to Ricoh support - they may have a bug that they'll want to fix in the future. Or maybe its a known issue.

Anybody else seen this?

12-27-2021, 08:35 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
I saw it once, yesterday during a cold afternoon (around -5°C). I was shooting for half an hour so the camera got cold. For half a second the screen turned "snow-like". Otherwise, it's fine; this particular image was recorded normally.
12-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Perhaps report it to Ricoh support - they may have a bug that they'll want to fix in the future. Or maybe its a known issue.

Anybody else seen this?
I did report it to Ricoh support. They responded with this boilerplate:

Thank you, for contacting Ricoh Imaging.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past, present and future support.
We are sorry you are having problems.

Here is the link to our website where it explains the warranty policy.
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/warranty-information/

Here is the link to the repair centers information.
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/repairs/

Thank you,