Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh GR RAW edit in Lightroom with PERFECT in-camera color : PerfeFilm GR profiles

Hi, I'm a photographer who loves the Ricoh GR series 😍. As you know, Ricoh GR colors could only be delivered by the GR camera body, and there were no profiles/presets in Lightroom that could perfectly simulate GR colors.🥺 Therefore, with my background in both programming and photography, I developed a Lightroom profile & presets for Ricoh GR2 / GR3 with high color accuracy, which can perfectly use ALL color modes that could only be used on Ricoh in-camera previously.

If you have raw files from Ricoh GR2 and GR3, you can edit them directly in Lightroom. In addition, other cameras can also use Ricoh GR color profiles. For example, you can use Canon or Nikon cameras and Ricoh GR mixed shooting, for commercial work or conditions that need to change the equipment, to maintain the overall color consistency of the work.

You can visit Perfefilm GR profiles here:
https://perfefilm.com/collections/ricoh-digital-camera-collection

Use Ricoh GR III to simulate Ricoh GR II positive mode in Lightroom

You can even enjoy Ricoh GR color with different camera brands. In this example, you can use Fujifilm X-T4 RAW to simulate Ricoh color perfectly~!

Ricoh GR3 v.s. Fujifilm X-T4 with Camera Body / Lightroom GR3 BW-hi PerfeFilm profiles

GR3 Camera v.s. GR3 Lightroom vs. Fujifilm X-T4, GR3 Cross-Process color profile

Using GR Camera Mode with Other Cameras

PerfeFilm will allow you to simulate Ricoh GR colors with other camera brands without restricting them to Ricoh. Here we use some other cameras + PerfeFilm GR color profiles to see how it works

GR3 Positive Color Mode

GR3 is not only suitable for high-color scenes, but also performs well on portrait skin. Camera : Canon EOS 60D.

GR3 BW-hi + Film Tone + Grains

High-contrast black-and-white photos can be used very well in Lightroom. Here is an example of using GR2 Hi-Contrast BW-MAX in Lightroom after shooting with GR3

You can see the full review here
https://perfefilm.com/blogs/review/how-to-use-ricoh-gr-color-in-lightroom-wi...-use-perfefilm

Ricoh GR color for Lightroom
https://perfefilm.com/collections/ricoh-digital-camera-collection

If you are interested in this project, you can download a free trial here
https://perfefilm.com/products/free-demo-lightroom-color-profiles-for-all-ca...d-analog-films

note: Ricoh GR II was named "GR II" in camera model

Hope to hear opinions and trial experience or color test of the profiles. If there are any cameras that you want me to simulate, also let me know ^^~ You can also support me by ordering the PerfeFilm King Bundle. That would be a big support for this project~!! 👑😍😍
https://perfefilm.com/products/king-bundle-perfefilm-all-cameras-all-films-l...for-one-camera

05-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No disrespect intended, but this is nothing but a for-profit advertisement (a lengthy one) explaining and linking back to your own site for potential sales.
While this isn't prohibited here to my knowledge, the fact that you've posted just three times since joining PF mainly for the sole purpose promoting your site... well...
it just doesn't come across as well as more direct involvement in the forums might. To me me at least. These are just my thoughts. Cheers.

All that said, the presets are a great idea and appear well done based on the these examples and descriptions (the same copy and images also the website).
05-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
Forum Member

Anyone experience with the site mentioned - perfefilm?
05-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Sigma2021 Quote
Anyone experience with the site mentioned - perfefilm?
I actually took a $10 chance on the profiles. In terms of matching the original jpeg styles of the Ricoh GR3x that I have, they are quite a good match under most situations, certainly about as good as I would expect from a 3rd party vendor.

However, if you make heavy use of the highlights or shadows sliders, you should be aware that extreme values on certain images get "strange" with a flat, washed out, artificial look that can be disconcerting.

And yes, this is apparently my first post on this forum since 2012.

05-20-2022, 08:05 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Horrible Quote
I actually took a $10 chance on the profiles. In terms of matching the original jpeg styles of the Ricoh GR3x that I have, they are quite a good match under most situations, certainly about as good as I would expect from a 3rd party vendor.

However, if you make heavy use of the highlights or shadows sliders, you should be aware that extreme values on certain images get "strange" with a flat, washed out, artificial look that can be disconcerting.

And yes, this is apparently my first post on this forum since 2012.
Good to learn. Thank you.
05-21-2022, 05:30 AM   #6

I should add, if you have Reallyniceimage's v5 profiles, I think some of their Kodak Portra emulations-- especially "Kodak Portra 160 v2" get in the right ballpark in terms of tone and color. Less of an exact match than the perfefilm emulation though.
05-22-2022, 05:08 PM   #7
Forum Member

I looked at RNI's treatment offerings - nice selection of profiles.