Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Who makes the best "alternative" DB-110 battery for the Ricoh GRIII?

I would like to acquire some spare batteries for my Ricoh GRIIIx, but am astonished at how much the Ricoh branded batteries cost!

Are there good recommended alternatives?

The Wasabi brand has quite a few positive reviews about them !

06-15-2022, 11:34 PM   #2
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by LennyTheLion Quote
I would like to acquire some spare batteries for my Ricoh GRIIIx, but am astonished at how much the Ricoh branded batteries cost!

Are there good recommended alternatives?

The Wasabi brand has quite a few positive reviews about them !
I bought a couple of the brand Dot.Foto as back ups from Amazon.de and they have been fine.
06-30-2022, 04:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I ordered some batteries earlier in the week from Amazon. When they arrived I thought they either sent the wrong one or I accidentally ordered the wrong one as it's for an Olympus but it works.These are generic (usually when I order 3rd party batteries I get Wasabi but didn't see any strangely) but are 1500mAh vs. the factory 1350mAh, so I'm hoping they last longer given the higher capacity.

amazon.com : BM 2 LI-90B, LI-92B Batteries and Charger for Olympus Tough TG-6, TG-5, TG-Tracker, SH-1, SH-2, SP-100 IHS, Tough TG-1 iHS, Tough TG-2 iHS, Tough TG-3, Tough TG-4, SH50 iHS, SH60, XZ-2 iHS Cameras : Electronics?tag=pentaxforums-20&
07-01-2022, 10:52 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I looked at that Amazon listing and they don't ship to Australia !

In the meantime, I've done further research and it appears that the Ricoh DB-110 battery is exactly the same as the Olympus LI-92B battery, and the genuine Olympus battery has the exact same specs as the Ricoh one, and is half the price.

What's the bet they come out of the exact same factory in China?

---------- Post added 07-01-22 at 11:09 PM ----------

Further update - I've just purchased these batteries & charger -

Newmowa Li-90B Battery (2 Pack) and Dual USB Charger Kit for Olympus Li-90B, Li-92B and Olympus SH-1, SH-2, SH-50 iHS, SH-60, SP-100, Tough TG-1 iHS, Tough TG-2 iHS, Tough TG-3, Tough TG-4, Tough TG-5, XZ-2 iHS Digital Camera : amazon.com.au: Electro?tag=pentaxforums-20&

The specs look good, and what's the worst that can happen? Apart from the camera exploding and decapitating me !

07-02-2022, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Well, the 2 x alternative Ricoh DB-110 batteries and charger arrived today. I am very impressed with the quality of the packaging, the 2 x batteries and charger. All this for USD $17 ! Amazing..

They look as well made as the real DB-110 battery.
07-20-2022, 03:06 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've also used the Wasabi batteries on Amazon and they have worked well for me. I've had them for a couple years now with no issues.
07-19-2023, 10:53 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by LennyTheLion Quote
Well, the 2 x alternative Ricoh DB-110 batteries and charger arrived today. I am very impressed with the quality of the packaging, the 2 x batteries and charger. All this for USD $17 ! Amazing..

They look as well made as the real DB-110 battery.
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Do they work well with the GR3?

07-19-2023, 11:47 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cboy Quote
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Do they work well with the GR3?
According to the manual, the GR Digital III uses a DB-65 (which has a different, more rectangular shape compared to the DB-110 for the GR III).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2023, 02:08 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
According to the manual, the GR Digital III uses a DB-65 (which has a different, more rectangular shape compared to the DB-110 for the GR III).
The GR III from 2018 works with the DB-110 and alternatives mentioned in this thread. The GR Digital III from 2009 works with a DB-65