Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #1

After the current 24.2mp GRIII and GRIIIX which GR version is the most desirable ?

I have the original GRD1 and the latest GRIIIX and have a mind to plug the gap between model ranges so, which version of the GR is the most desirable?

GRII
GRIII (prev one)
GRIV

I note that the megapixel counr climbs from model GRD1, GRII, GRIII and then drops for the GRV IV.

06-19-2022, 12:41 AM   #2
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by LennyTheLion Quote
I have the original GRD1 and the latest GRIIIX and have a mind to plug the gap between model ranges so, which version of the GR is the most desirable?

GRII
GRIII (prev one)
GRIV

I note that the megapixel counr climbs from model GRD1, GRII, GRIII and then drops for the GRV IV.
The GR Digital lV is from 2011.
Why the Ricoh GR Digital IV Is the Ultimate Camera for Street Photography | Fstoppers

You can see the GR timeline on the page below.

GR Story / GR | RICOH IMAGING

The GRll is still very much liked for it's image quality but it does not have IBIS. it has the same 28mm equiv. aspect ratio as the GRlll but a 16mp sensor as opposed to 24.
More info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricoh_GR_(large_sensor_compact_camera)#Model_differences

We have the GRlll and the GRlllx and if you own and like the X I would go for the GRlll to get the wider view and everything you have gotten used to with the X. if not the GRll seems a solid choice...plus it has flash if you want that.

I hope this helps
06-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

GR 1 and GR 2 differences are ''clinically irrelevant''.
Very good cameras. Sharpness is incredible due to good optics and lack of Anti-aliasing filter.

I use GR1 as monochrome version with debayered sensor
08-12-2022, 04:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I find having both the 3 and 3x makes me shoot less as I'm having to fumble while switching.