Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-07-2022, 02:29 AM   #1

Bulk raw development?

Sometimes I miss film simulation bracketing from my other cameras, but it would be even better if I could select multiple images and bulk process them via the built-in raw development tool. Is that possible?

10-07-2022, 06:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have done this in Rawtherapee...
10-07-2022, 06:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boran Quote
Sometimes I miss film simulation bracketing from my other cameras, but it would be even better if I could select multiple images and bulk process them via the built-in raw development tool. Is that possible?
Are you asking about applying the in camera raw conversion and trying to apply these with the camera UI to multiple files at the same time?
10-07-2022, 09:38 AM   #4

You can create a new action (macro) in Photoshop and apply it to selected files. You can do it in Photoshop Bridge by selecting the files and then from the edit menu apply apply camera raw settings - previous conversion.

10-07-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boran Quote
What software are you using? I thought all software can do this. If you are asking about in camera I have no idea, but very doubtful.
10-07-2022, 11:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
All software will have to do. Actions in Ps, same concept in Darktable, Rawtherapee, it’s easy. Tbh I haven’t tried it in camera. But why would you? You’ll probably have to tweak every image separately, more or less..
10-08-2022, 03:31 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Are you asking about applying the in camera raw conversion and trying to apply these with the camera UI to multiple files at the same time?
Yes. I’m sorry for being unclear in my initial post. I’d like to apply the in-camera conversion to many pictures at the same time.

10-08-2022, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
All software will have to do. Actions in Ps, same concept in Darktable, Rawtherapee, it’s easy. Tbh I haven’t tried it in camera. But why would you? You’ll probably have to tweak every image separately, more or less..
I think it’s odd having customizable film simulation settings and a built-in raw development tool that is so cumbersome to use on multiple photos.

I can of course shoot RAW + jpg (so the display resembles the final result as much as possible) and finish it off with macros/actions in post-processing, but I actually don’t like that workflow.
01-31-2024, 07:42 AM   #9

Original Poster
Works now

Ok, six months old news, but still: In firmware version 1.31 released on 2023-08-23, they added support for batch development in the camera!